Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
10 important things you should know about American Funds GGPCX mutual fund
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- Low net assets
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for GGPCX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "GGPCX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on GGPCX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "GGPCX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell GGPCX? Or perhaps you’re looking for GGPCX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this GGPCX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: GGPCX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: GGPCX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in GGPCX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to GGPCX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Funds Portfolio Series: American Funds Global Growth Portfolio; Class C Shares (GGPCX).
- What are GGPCX holdings?
- What is GGPCX performance? What are GGPCX historical returns?
- What is GGPCX dividend yield?
- What is GGPCX minimum initial investment amount?
- Does GGPCX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is GGPCX Finny Score? GGPCX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in GGPCX? What are GGPCX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in GGPCX? What are GGPCX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Funds Portfolio Series: American Funds Global Growth Portfolio; Class C Shares (GGPCX).
The Fund seeks to provide long term growth of capital. The Fund will typically have significant exposure to issuers domiciled outside the United States. The Fund will consist of growth funds. The Fund may also have exposure to small capitalization issuers and issuers domiciled in emerging markets.
2. What are GGPCX top holdings?
GGPCX has 0 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 6 holdings represent 100.04% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|American Funds New Perspective R6||RNPGX||25.16%|
|American Funds Capital World Gr&Inc R6||RWIGX||19.74%|
|American Funds Growth Fund of Amer R6||RGAGX||15.19%|
|American Funds New Economy R6||RNGGX||15.06%|
|American Funds Europacific Growth R6||RERGX||14.81%|
|American Funds SMALLCAP World R6||RLLGX||10.08%|
3. What is GGPCX performance? What are GGPCX historical returns?
GGPCX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is -4.13%;
- 3-month return is 0.59%;
- 1-year return is 0.59%;
- 3-year return is 16.04%;
- 5-year return is 14.65%.
4. What is GGPCX dividend yield?
GGPCX yield is 0%.
5. What is GGPCX minimum initial investment amount?
GGPCX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
6. Does GGPCX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
GGPCX 12b-1 distribution fee is 1. GGPCX front-end sales load is 0. GGPCX back-end sales load is 1.
7. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 40. Our quantitative analysis shows 2 reasons to buy and 3 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 40.
8. What are the pros of investing in GGPCX? What are GGPCX buy reasons?
The following are GGPCX strengths from our perspective:
- GGPCX 3-year return is 16.04%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI NR USD), 13.84%.
- GGPCX 5-year return is 14.65%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI NR USD), 13.57%.
9. What are the cons of investing in GGPCX? What are GGPCX negatives?
The following are GGPCX weaknesses from our perspective:
- GGPCX net assets are $498.70 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- GGPCX expense ratio is 1.13%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and deferred sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 1%, while the maximum deferred sales load is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Deferred sales load is a back-end sales charge and is imposed when an investor redeems shares.