Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
14 important things you should know about American Beacon GHQIX mutual fund
Before we start: if you’re looking for GHQIX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "GHQIX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on GHQIX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "GHQIX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell GHQIX? Or perhaps you’re looking for GHQIX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this GHQIX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: GHQIX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: GHQIX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in GHQIX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to GHQIX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Beacon Funds: American Beacon Garcia Hamilton Quality Bond Fund; Institutional Class Shares (GHQIX).
- What are GHQIX holdings?
- What is GHQIX performance? What are GHQIX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did GHQIX have historically?
- What is GHQIX dividend yield?
- What is GHQIX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is GHQIX expense ratio?
- Does GHQIX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is GHQIX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is GHQIX beta? How would you assess GHQIX risk?
- What is GHQIX Sharpe ratio?
- What is GHQIX Finny Score? GHQIX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in GHQIX? What are GHQIX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in GHQIX? What are GHQIX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Beacon Funds: American Beacon Garcia Hamilton Quality Bond Fund; Institutional Class Shares (GHQIX).
The Fund seeks high current income consistent with preservation of capital. The Fund invests at least 80% of its net assets (plus the amount of any borrowings for investment purposes) in investment grade bonds. For purposes of the 80% policy, investment grade bonds include other investment grade debt securities.
2. What are GHQIX top holdings?
GHQIX has 0 stock holdings and 37 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 52.91% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Federal Home Loan Banks 1.79%||N/A||8.71%|
|Fnma Pass-Thru I 4.5%||N/A||7.49%|
|United States Treasury Bonds 2.5%||N/A||5.49%|
|Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation 4%||N/A||5.39%|
|Morgan Stanley 3.2%||N/A||4.62%|
|United Parcel Service, Inc. 2.36%||N/A||4.54%|
|Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. 4.22%||N/A||4.38%|
|Citigroup Inc. 1%||N/A||4.33%|
|Wells Fargo & Company 3.01%||N/A||4.06%|
|State Street US Government MMkt||N/A||3.90%|
3. What is GHQIX performance? What are GHQIX historical returns?
GHQIX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 0.45%;
- 3-month return is -0.01%;
- 1-year return is 3.32%;
- 3-year return is 2.81%.
4. How many up and down years did GHQIX have historically?
In the last 10 years, GHQIX had 10 up years and 0 down years.
5. What is GHQIX dividend yield?
GHQIX yield is 2.38%.
6. What is GHQIX minimum initial investment amount?
GHQIX minimum initial investment amount is $25.00K.
7. What is GHQIX expense ratio?
GHQIX expense ratio is 0.45%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does GHQIX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
GHQIX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. GHQIX front-end sales load is 0. GHQIX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is GHQIX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.89%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.84%.
10. What is GHQIX beta? How would you assess GHQIX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.48.
12. What is GHQIX Finny Score? GHQIX buy or sell?
GHQIX Finny Score is 50. Our quantitative analysis shows 2 reasons to buy GHQIX and 2 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 50.
13. What are the pros of investing in GHQIX? What are GHQIX buy reasons?
The following are GHQIX strengths from our perspective:
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
- GHQIX 3-year Beta is 0.48, which is inversely correlated with the index (BBgBarc US Agg Bond TR USD). The could be good if you're trying to hedge your portfolio.
14. What are the cons of investing in GHQIX? What are GHQIX negatives?
The following are GHQIX weaknesses from our perspective:
- GHQIX net assets are $288.10 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- GHQIX 3-year return is 2.81%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg Barclays US Aggregate Bond TR USD), 5.05%.