Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
10 important things you should know about American Beacon GHQPX mutual fund
- No sales load or distribution fees
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
Before we start: if you’re looking for GHQPX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "GHQPX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on GHQPX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "GHQPX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell GHQPX? Or perhaps you’re looking for GHQPX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this GHQPX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: GHQPX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: GHQPX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in GHQPX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to GHQPX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Beacon Funds: American Beacon Garcia Hamilton Quality Bond Fund; Investor Class Shares (GHQPX).
- What are GHQPX holdings?
- What is GHQPX performance? What are GHQPX historical returns?
- What is GHQPX dividend yield?
- What is GHQPX minimum initial investment amount?
- Does GHQPX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is GHQPX Finny Score? GHQPX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in GHQPX? What are GHQPX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in GHQPX? What are GHQPX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Beacon Funds: American Beacon Garcia Hamilton Quality Bond Fund; Investor Class Shares (GHQPX).
The Fund seeks high current income consistent with preservation of capital. The Fund invests at least 80% of its net assets (plus the amount of any borrowings for investment purposes) in investment grade bonds. For purposes of the 80% policy, investment grade bonds include other investment grade debt securities.
2. What are GHQPX top holdings?
GHQPX has 0 stock holdings and 40 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 55.28% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Federal Agricultural Mortgage Corporation 0.14%||N/A||8.21%|
|Fnma Pass-Thru I 4.5%||N/A||7.27%|
|Federal Home Loan Banks 0.13%||N/A||7.21%|
|The Walt Disney Company 3.8%||N/A||4.95%|
|Citigroup Inc. 3.98%||N/A||4.92%|
|Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. 4.22%||N/A||4.89%|
|Federal National Mortgage Association 4%||N/A||4.69%|
|Wells Fargo & Company 4.48%||N/A||4.55%|
|Morgan Stanley 3.62%||N/A||4.41%|
|Bank of America Corporation 3.97%||N/A||4.18%|
3. What is GHQPX performance? What are GHQPX historical returns?
GHQPX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is -0.08%;
- 3-month return is 0.14%;
- 1-year return is 0.14%;
- 3-year return is 2.28%;
- 5-year return is 1.45%.
4. What is GHQPX dividend yield?
GHQPX yield is 0.97%.
5. What is GHQPX minimum initial investment amount?
GHQPX minimum initial investment amount is $3.00K.
6. Does GHQPX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
GHQPX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. GHQPX front-end sales load is 0. GHQPX back-end sales load is 0.
7. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 20. Our quantitative analysis shows 1 reason to buy and 4 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 20.
8. What are the pros of investing in GHQPX? What are GHQPX buy reasons?
The following are GHQPX strengths from our perspective:
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
9. What are the cons of investing in GHQPX? What are GHQPX negatives?
The following are GHQPX weaknesses from our perspective:
- GHQPX net assets are $0.40 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- GHQPX 3-year return is 2.28%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg US Aggregate Bond TR USD), 5.41%.
- GHQPX 5-year return is 1.45%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg US Aggregate Bond TR USD), 3.13%.
- GHQPX expense ratio is 0.83%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?