Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
10 important things you should know about American Beacon GHQYX mutual fund
- No sales load or distribution fees
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
Before we start: if you’re looking for GHQYX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "GHQYX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on GHQYX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "GHQYX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell GHQYX? Or perhaps you’re looking for GHQYX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this GHQYX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: GHQYX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: GHQYX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in GHQYX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to GHQYX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Beacon Funds: American Beacon Garcia Hamilton Quality Bond Fund; Class Y Shares (GHQYX).
- What are GHQYX holdings?
- What is GHQYX performance? What are GHQYX historical returns?
- What is GHQYX dividend yield?
- What is GHQYX minimum initial investment amount?
- Does GHQYX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is GHQYX Finny Score? GHQYX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in GHQYX? What are GHQYX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in GHQYX? What are GHQYX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Beacon Funds: American Beacon Garcia Hamilton Quality Bond Fund; Class Y Shares (GHQYX).
The Fund seeks high current income consistent with preservation of capital. The Fund invests at least 80% of its net assets (plus the amount of any borrowings for investment purposes) in investment grade bonds. For purposes of the 80% policy, investment grade bonds include other investment grade debt securities.
2. What are GHQYX top holdings?
GHQYX has 0 stock holdings and 40 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 55.28% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Federal Agricultural Mortgage Corporation 0.14%||N/A||8.21%|
|Fnma Pass-Thru I 4.5%||N/A||7.27%|
|Federal Home Loan Banks 0.13%||N/A||7.21%|
|The Walt Disney Company 3.8%||N/A||4.95%|
|Citigroup Inc. 3.98%||N/A||4.92%|
|Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. 4.22%||N/A||4.89%|
|Federal National Mortgage Association 4%||N/A||4.69%|
|Wells Fargo & Company 4.48%||N/A||4.55%|
|Morgan Stanley 3.62%||N/A||4.41%|
|Bank of America Corporation 3.97%||N/A||4.18%|
3. What is GHQYX performance? What are GHQYX historical returns?
GHQYX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is -0.15%;
- 3-month return is 0.22%;
- 1-year return is 0.22%;
- 3-year return is 2.60%;
- 5-year return is 1.75%.
4. What is GHQYX dividend yield?
GHQYX yield is 1.28%.
5. What is GHQYX minimum initial investment amount?
GHQYX minimum initial investment amount is $100.00K.
6. Does GHQYX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
GHQYX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. GHQYX front-end sales load is 0. GHQYX back-end sales load is 0.
7. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 20. Our quantitative analysis shows 1 reason to buy and 4 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 20.
8. What are the pros of investing in GHQYX? What are GHQYX buy reasons?
The following are GHQYX strengths from our perspective:
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
9. What are the cons of investing in GHQYX? What are GHQYX negatives?
The following are GHQYX weaknesses from our perspective:
- GHQYX net assets are $21.20 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- GHQYX 3-year return is 2.6%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg US Aggregate Bond TR USD), 5.41%.
- GHQYX 5-year return is 1.75%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg US Aggregate Bond TR USD), 3.13%.
- GHQYX expense ratio is 0.55%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?