Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
14 important things you should know about American Beacon GLGIX mutual fund
Before we start: if you’re looking for GLGIX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "GLGIX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on GLGIX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "GLGIX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell GLGIX? Or perhaps you’re looking for GLGIX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this GLGIX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: GLGIX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: GLGIX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in GLGIX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to GLGIX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Beacon Funds: American Beacon GLG Total Return Fund; Institutional Class Shares (GLGIX).
- What are GLGIX holdings?
- What is GLGIX performance? What are GLGIX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did GLGIX have historically?
- What is GLGIX dividend yield?
- What is GLGIX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is GLGIX expense ratio?
- Does GLGIX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is GLGIX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is GLGIX beta? How would you assess GLGIX risk?
- What is GLGIX Sharpe ratio?
- What is GLGIX Finny Score? GLGIX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in GLGIX? What are GLGIX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in GLGIX? What are GLGIX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Beacon Funds: American Beacon GLG Total Return Fund; Institutional Class Shares (GLGIX).
The Fund seeks high current income & capital appreciation. The Fund invests in securities (excluding U.S. Dollar denominated cash & cash equivalents) of issuers that are economically tied to emerging market countries. The Fund's strategy is managed in an absolute-return style and is not managed w/ reference to benchmark.
2. What are GLGIX top holdings?
GLGIX has 0 stock holdings and 10 bond holdings.
The top 9 holdings represent 231.66% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|B617236 Irs Brl P F 9.84000 7617236_fix Ccpndfprediswap||N/A||53.35%|
|B617236 Irs Brl R V 00mbrcdi 7617236_flo Ccpndfprediswap||N/A||47.76%|
|United States Treasury Bills 0%||N/A||44.63%|
|B0308245 Cds Usd R V 03mevent 10308245_pro Ccpsovereign||N/A||15.37%|
|B0308242 Cds Usd R V 03mevent 10308242_pro Ccpsovereign||N/A||15.11%|
|B0308242 Cds Usd P F 1.00000 10308242_fee Ccpsovereign||N/A||15.05%|
|B0308245 Cds Usd P F 1.00000 10308245_fee Ccpsovereign||N/A||14.56%|
|B0308239 Cds Usd R V 03mevent 10308239_pro Ccpsovereign||N/A||13.02%|
|B0308239 Cds Usd P F 1.00000 10308239_fee Ccpsovereign||N/A||12.81%|
3. What is GLGIX performance? What are GLGIX historical returns?
GLGIX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is -0.18%;
- 3-month return is 8.35%;
- 1-year return is 7.28%;
- 3-year return is 1.92%.
4. How many up and down years did GLGIX have historically?
In the last 10 years, GLGIX had 9 up years and 1 down year.
5. What is GLGIX dividend yield?
GLGIX yield is 0%.
6. What is GLGIX minimum initial investment amount?
GLGIX minimum initial investment amount is $250.00K.
7. What is GLGIX expense ratio?
GLGIX expense ratio is 1.06%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does GLGIX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
GLGIX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. GLGIX front-end sales load is 0. GLGIX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is GLGIX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.6%.
10. What is GLGIX beta? How would you assess GLGIX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.04.
12. What is GLGIX Finny Score? GLGIX buy or sell?
GLGIX Finny Score is 60. Our quantitative analysis shows 3 reasons to buy GLGIX and 2 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 60.
13. What are the pros of investing in GLGIX? What are GLGIX buy reasons?
The following are GLGIX strengths from our perspective:
- GLGIX 3-year return is 1.92%, which is in line with the 3-year return of the benchmark index (ICE BofA US Dollar 3-Month Deposit Offered Rate Constant Maturity TR USD), 2.1%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
- GLGIX 3-year Beta is 0.04, which is inversely correlated with the index (BBgBarc US Agg Bond TR USD). The could be good if you're trying to hedge your portfolio.
14. What are the cons of investing in GLGIX? What are GLGIX negatives?
The following are GLGIX weaknesses from our perspective:
- GLGIX net assets are $0.30 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- GLGIX expense ratio is 1.06%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?