Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
14 important things you should know about American Beacon GLGPX mutual fund
Before we start: if you’re looking for GLGPX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "GLGPX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on GLGPX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "GLGPX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell GLGPX? Or perhaps you’re looking for GLGPX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this GLGPX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: GLGPX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: GLGPX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in GLGPX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to GLGPX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Beacon Funds: American Beacon GLG Total Return Fund; Investor Class Shares (GLGPX).
- What are GLGPX holdings?
- What is GLGPX performance? What are GLGPX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did GLGPX have historically?
- What is GLGPX dividend yield?
- What is GLGPX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is GLGPX expense ratio?
- Does GLGPX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is GLGPX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is GLGPX beta? How would you assess GLGPX risk?
- What is GLGPX Sharpe ratio?
- What is GLGPX Finny Score? GLGPX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in GLGPX? What are GLGPX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in GLGPX? What are GLGPX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Beacon Funds: American Beacon GLG Total Return Fund; Investor Class Shares (GLGPX).
The Fund seeks high current income & capital appreciation. The Fund invests in securities (excluding U.S. Dollar denominated cash & cash equivalents) of issuers that are economically tied to emerging market countries. The Fund's strategy is managed in an absolute-return style and is not managed w/ reference to benchmark.
2. What are GLGPX top holdings?
GLGPX has 0 stock holdings and 10 bond holdings.
The top 9 holdings represent 231.66% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|B617236 Irs Brl P F 9.84000 7617236_fix Ccpndfprediswap||N/A||53.35%|
|B617236 Irs Brl R V 00mbrcdi 7617236_flo Ccpndfprediswap||N/A||47.76%|
|United States Treasury Bills 0%||N/A||44.63%|
|B0308245 Cds Usd R V 03mevent 10308245_pro Ccpsovereign||N/A||15.37%|
|B0308242 Cds Usd R V 03mevent 10308242_pro Ccpsovereign||N/A||15.11%|
|B0308242 Cds Usd P F 1.00000 10308242_fee Ccpsovereign||N/A||15.05%|
|B0308245 Cds Usd P F 1.00000 10308245_fee Ccpsovereign||N/A||14.56%|
|B0308239 Cds Usd R V 03mevent 10308239_pro Ccpsovereign||N/A||13.02%|
|B0308239 Cds Usd P F 1.00000 10308239_fee Ccpsovereign||N/A||12.81%|
3. What is GLGPX performance? What are GLGPX historical returns?
GLGPX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is -0.09%;
- 3-month return is 8.68%;
- 1-year return is 7.38%;
- 3-year return is 1.65%.
4. How many up and down years did GLGPX have historically?
In the last 10 years, GLGPX had 9 up years and 1 down year.
5. What is GLGPX dividend yield?
GLGPX yield is 0%.
6. What is GLGPX minimum initial investment amount?
GLGPX minimum initial investment amount is $3.00K.
7. What is GLGPX expense ratio?
GLGPX expense ratio is 1.43%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does GLGPX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
GLGPX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. GLGPX front-end sales load is 0. GLGPX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is GLGPX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.6%.
10. What is GLGPX beta? How would you assess GLGPX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.05.
12. What is GLGPX Finny Score? GLGPX buy or sell?
GLGPX Finny Score is 40. Our quantitative analysis shows 2 reasons to buy GLGPX and 3 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 40.
13. What are the pros of investing in GLGPX? What are GLGPX buy reasons?
The following are GLGPX strengths from our perspective:
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
- GLGPX 3-year Beta is 0.05, which is inversely correlated with the index (BBgBarc US Agg Bond TR USD). The could be good if you're trying to hedge your portfolio.
14. What are the cons of investing in GLGPX? What are GLGPX negatives?
The following are GLGPX weaknesses from our perspective:
- GLGPX net assets are $0.10 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- GLGPX 3-year return is 1.65%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (ICE BofA US Dollar 3-Month Deposit Offered Rate Constant Maturity TR USD), 2.1%.
- GLGPX expense ratio is 1.43%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?