Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
15 important things you should know about American Beacon GLGUX mutual fund
- No sales load or distribution fees
- Low net assets
- High expense ratio
Before we start: if you’re looking for GLGUX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "GLGUX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on GLGUX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "GLGUX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell GLGUX? Or perhaps you’re looking for GLGUX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this GLGUX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: GLGUX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: GLGUX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in GLGUX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to GLGUX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Beacon Funds: American Beacon GLG Total Return Fund; Ultra Class Shares (GLGUX).
- What are GLGUX holdings?
- What is GLGUX performance? What are GLGUX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did GLGUX have historically?
- What is GLGUX dividend yield?
- What is GLGUX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is GLGUX expense ratio?
- Does GLGUX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is GLGUX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is GLGUX beta? How would you assess GLGUX risk?
- What is GLGUX Sharpe ratio?
- What is GLGUX Finny Score? GLGUX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in GLGUX? What are GLGUX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in GLGUX? What are GLGUX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Beacon Funds: American Beacon GLG Total Return Fund; Ultra Class Shares (GLGUX).
The Fund seeks high current income & capital appreciation. The Fund invests in securities (excluding U.S. Dollar denominated cash & cash equivalents) of issuers that are economically tied to emerging market countries. The Fund's strategy is managed in an absolute-return style and is not managed w/ reference to benchmark.
2. What are GLGUX top holdings?
GLGUX has 0 stock holdings and 10 bond holdings.
The top 7 holdings represent 81.74% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|B617236 Irs Brl P F 9.84000 7617236_fix Ccpndfprediswap||N/A||24.86%|
|B617236 Irs Brl R V 00mbrcdi 7617236_flo Ccpndfprediswap||N/A||22.08%|
|United States Treasury Bills 0.01%||N/A||17.78%|
|B0715189 Cds Usd R V 03mevent 10715189_pro Ccpsovereign||N/A||8.07%|
|B0715189 Cds Usd P F 1.00000 10715189_fee Ccpsovereign||N/A||7.75%|
|10 Year Treasury Note Future June 20||ZNM0||0.70%|
|United States Treasury Bills 0%||N/A||0.50%|
3. What is GLGUX performance? What are GLGUX historical returns?
GLGUX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is -0.09%;
- 3-month return is 6.20%;
- 1-year return is 7.45%;
- 3-year return is 2.00%.
4. How many up and down years did GLGUX have historically?
In the last 10 years, GLGUX had 10 up years and 0 down years. See Performances
5. What is GLGUX dividend yield?
GLGUX yield is 0%.
6. What is GLGUX minimum initial investment amount?
GLGUX minimum initial investment amount is N/A.
7. What is GLGUX expense ratio?
GLGUX expense ratio is 0.95%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses. See Expenses
8. Does GLGUX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
GLGUX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. GLGUX front-end sales load is 0. GLGUX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is GLGUX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is %;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is %.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is N/A. Our quantitative analysis shows 1 reason to buy and 2 reasons to sell. Finny Scores are not available if there are insufficient data points from the analysis.
13. What are the pros of investing in GLGUX? What are GLGUX buy reasons?
The following are GLGUX strengths from our perspective:
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
14. What are the cons of investing in GLGUX? What are GLGUX negatives?
The following are GLGUX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>GLGUX net assets</strong> are $21.90 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>GLGUX expense ratio</strong> is 0.95%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?