Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
14 important things you should know about American Beacon GLGYX mutual fund
Before we start: if you’re looking for GLGYX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "GLGYX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on GLGYX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "GLGYX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell GLGYX? Or perhaps you’re looking for GLGYX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this GLGYX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: GLGYX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: GLGYX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in GLGYX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to GLGYX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Beacon Funds: American Beacon GLG Total Return Fund; Class Y Shares (GLGYX).
- What are GLGYX holdings?
- What is GLGYX performance? What are GLGYX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did GLGYX have historically?
- What is GLGYX dividend yield?
- What is GLGYX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is GLGYX expense ratio?
- Does GLGYX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is GLGYX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is GLGYX beta? How would you assess GLGYX risk?
- What is GLGYX Sharpe ratio?
- What is GLGYX Finny Score? GLGYX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in GLGYX? What are GLGYX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in GLGYX? What are GLGYX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Beacon Funds: American Beacon GLG Total Return Fund; Class Y Shares (GLGYX).
The Fund seeks high current income & capital appreciation. The Fund invests in securities (excluding U.S. Dollar denominated cash & cash equivalents) of issuers that are economically tied to emerging market countries. The Fund's strategy is managed in an absolute-return style and is not managed w/ reference to benchmark.
2. What are GLGYX top holdings?
GLGYX has 0 stock holdings and 10 bond holdings.
The top 9 holdings represent 231.66% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|B617236 Irs Brl P F 9.84000 7617236_fix Ccpndfprediswap||N/A||53.35%|
|B617236 Irs Brl R V 00mbrcdi 7617236_flo Ccpndfprediswap||N/A||47.76%|
|United States Treasury Bills 0%||N/A||44.63%|
|B0308245 Cds Usd R V 03mevent 10308245_pro Ccpsovereign||N/A||15.37%|
|B0308242 Cds Usd R V 03mevent 10308242_pro Ccpsovereign||N/A||15.11%|
|B0308242 Cds Usd P F 1.00000 10308242_fee Ccpsovereign||N/A||15.05%|
|B0308245 Cds Usd P F 1.00000 10308245_fee Ccpsovereign||N/A||14.56%|
|B0308239 Cds Usd R V 03mevent 10308239_pro Ccpsovereign||N/A||13.02%|
|B0308239 Cds Usd P F 1.00000 10308239_fee Ccpsovereign||N/A||12.81%|
3. What is GLGYX performance? What are GLGYX historical returns?
GLGYX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is -0.18%;
- 3-month return is 8.32%;
- 1-year return is 7.03%;
- 3-year return is 1.71%.
4. How many up and down years did GLGYX have historically?
In the last 10 years, GLGYX had 9 up years and 1 down year.
5. What is GLGYX dividend yield?
GLGYX yield is 0%.
6. What is GLGYX minimum initial investment amount?
GLGYX minimum initial investment amount is $100.00K.
7. What is GLGYX expense ratio?
GLGYX expense ratio is 1.15%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does GLGYX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
GLGYX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. GLGYX front-end sales load is 0. GLGYX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is GLGYX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.61%.
10. What is GLGYX beta? How would you assess GLGYX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.04.
12. What is GLGYX Finny Score? GLGYX buy or sell?
GLGYX Finny Score is 40. Our quantitative analysis shows 2 reasons to buy GLGYX and 3 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 40.
13. What are the pros of investing in GLGYX? What are GLGYX buy reasons?
The following are GLGYX strengths from our perspective:
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
- GLGYX 3-year Beta is 0.04, which is inversely correlated with the index (BBgBarc US Agg Bond TR USD). The could be good if you're trying to hedge your portfolio.
14. What are the cons of investing in GLGYX? What are GLGYX negatives?
The following are GLGYX weaknesses from our perspective:
- GLGYX net assets are $0.20 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- GLGYX 3-year return is 1.71%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (ICE BofA US Dollar 3-Month Deposit Offered Rate Constant Maturity TR USD), 2.1%.
- GLGYX expense ratio is 1.15%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?