7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about Aberdeen GMAAX mutual fund
- No Bull case arguments for now!
- Low net assets
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for GMAAX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "GMAAX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on GMAAX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "GMAAX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell GMAAX? Or perhaps you’re looking for GMAAX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this GMAAX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: GMAAX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: GMAAX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in GMAAX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to GMAAX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Aberdeen Funds: Aberdeen Diversified Income Fund; Class A Shares (GMAAX).
- What are GMAAX holdings?
- What is GMAAX performance? What are GMAAX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did GMAAX have historically?
- What is GMAAX dividend yield?
- What is GMAAX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is GMAAX expense ratio?
- Does GMAAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is GMAAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is GMAAX beta? How would you assess GMAAX risk?
- What is GMAAX Sharpe ratio?
- What is GMAAX Finny Score? GMAAX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in GMAAX? What are GMAAX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in GMAAX? What are GMAAX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Aberdeen Funds: Aberdeen Diversified Income Fund; Class A Shares (GMAAX).
The Fund seeks total return with an emphasis on current income. The Fund is a fund of funds that intends to allocate and reallocate its assets among a range of asset classes in a flexible and dynamic way to capture income from fixed income, equity and other sources.
2. What are GMAAX top holdings?
GMAAX has 0 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 78.04% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Vanguard High Dividend Yield ETF||VYM||15.61%|
|Eaton Vance Floating Rate I||EIBLX||13.29%|
|iShares MSCI EAFE Value ETF||EFV||8.23%|
|iShares Select Dividend ETF||DVY||7.16%|
|iShares US & Intl High Yield Corp Bd ETF||GHYG||7.12%|
|Invesco Oppenheimer International Bd Y||OIBYX||6.11%|
|iShares JP Morgan EM Local Ccy Bd ETF||LEMB||6.04%|
|Nuveen Preferred Secs & Inc I||NPSRX||6.03%|
|iShares Core S&P 500 ETF||IVV||4.48%|
|iShares MSCI Japan ETF||EWJ||3.97%|
3. What is GMAAX performance? What are GMAAX historical returns?
GMAAX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 1.04%;
- 3-month return is 11.50%;
- 1-year return is -5.93%;
- 3-year return is 0.16%;
- 5-year return is 1.98%;
- 10-year return is 4.51%.
4. How many up and down years did GMAAX have historically?
In the last 10 years, GMAAX had 10 up years and 0 down years.
5. What is GMAAX dividend yield?
GMAAX yield is 3.35%.
6. What is GMAAX minimum initial investment amount?
GMAAX minimum initial investment amount is $3.00K.
7. What is GMAAX expense ratio?
GMAAX expense ratio is 1.08%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does GMAAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
GMAAX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.25. GMAAX front-end sales load is 5.75. GMAAX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is GMAAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is %;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is %.
10. What is GMAAX beta? How would you assess GMAAX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.13;
- 5-year beta is 1.06;
- 10-year beta is 1.04.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is N/A. Our quantitative analysis shows 0 reasons to buy and 3 reasons to sell. Finny Scores are not available if there are insufficient data points from the analysis.
13. What are the pros of investing in GMAAX? What are GMAAX buy reasons?
We don't see any strong reasons to buy GMAAX.
14. What are the cons of investing in GMAAX? What are GMAAX negatives?
The following are GMAAX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>GMAAX net assets</strong> are $7.50 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>GMAAX expense ratio</strong> is 1.08%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 5.75%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.