7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about Allianz Global Investors GMCAX mutual fund
- No Bull case arguments for now!
- Low net assets
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for GMCAX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "GMCAX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on GMCAX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "GMCAX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell GMCAX? Or perhaps you’re looking for GMCAX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this GMCAX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: GMCAX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: GMCAX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in GMCAX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to GMCAX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Allianz Funds Multi-Strategy Trust: AllianzGI Micro Cap Fund; Class A Shares (GMCAX).
- What are GMCAX holdings?
- What is GMCAX performance? What are GMCAX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did GMCAX have historically?
- What is GMCAX dividend yield?
- What is GMCAX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is GMCAX expense ratio?
- Does GMCAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is GMCAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is GMCAX beta? How would you assess GMCAX risk?
- What is GMCAX Sharpe ratio?
- What is GMCAX Finny Score? GMCAX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in GMCAX? What are GMCAX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in GMCAX? What are GMCAX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Allianz Funds Multi-Strategy Trust: AllianzGI Micro Cap Fund; Class A Shares (GMCAX).
The Fund seeks maximum long-term capital appreciation by investing primarily in U.S. stocks with market capitalizations corresponding to the bottom 5% of the Russell 2000 Growth Index.
2. What are GMCAX top holdings?
GMCAX has 110 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 18.61% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Model N Inc||MODN||1.97%|
|Axsome Therapeutics Inc||AXSM||1.93%|
|Tabula Rasa HealthCare Inc||TRHC||1.93%|
|Kornit Digital Ltd||KRNT||1.80%|
|Adesto Technologies Corp||IOTS||1.71%|
3. What is GMCAX performance? What are GMCAX historical returns?
GMCAX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 8.30%;
- 3-month return is 0.86%;
- 1-year return is 2.61%;
- 3-year return is 2.08%;
- 5-year return is 2.99%;
- 10-year return is 9.29%.
4. How many up and down years did GMCAX have historically?
In the last 10 years, GMCAX had 7 up years and 3 down years.
5. What is GMCAX dividend yield?
GMCAX yield is 0%.
6. What is GMCAX minimum initial investment amount?
GMCAX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
7. What is GMCAX expense ratio?
GMCAX expense ratio is 1.42%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does GMCAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
GMCAX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.25. GMCAX front-end sales load is 5.5. GMCAX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is GMCAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is %;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is %.
10. What is GMCAX beta? How would you assess GMCAX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.21;
- 5-year beta is 1.22;
- 10-year beta is 1.39.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is N/A. Our quantitative analysis shows 0 reasons to buy and 3 reasons to sell. Finny Scores are not available if there are insufficient data points from the analysis.
13. What are the pros of investing in GMCAX? What are GMCAX buy reasons?
We don't see any strong reasons to buy GMCAX.
14. What are the cons of investing in GMCAX? What are GMCAX negatives?
The following are GMCAX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>GMCAX net assets</strong> are $1.40 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>GMCAX expense ratio</strong> is 1.42%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 5.5%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.