7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about Aberdeen GMMAX mutual fund
- No Bull case arguments for now!
- Low net assets
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for GMMAX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "GMMAX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on GMMAX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "GMMAX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell GMMAX? Or perhaps you’re looking for GMMAX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this GMMAX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: GMMAX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: GMMAX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in GMMAX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to GMMAX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Aberdeen Funds: Aberdeen Dynamic Allocation Fund; Class A Shares (GMMAX).
- What are GMMAX holdings?
- What is GMMAX performance? What are GMMAX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did GMMAX have historically?
- What is GMMAX dividend yield?
- What is GMMAX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is GMMAX expense ratio?
- Does GMMAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is GMMAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is GMMAX beta? How would you assess GMMAX risk?
- What is GMMAX Sharpe ratio?
- What is GMMAX Finny Score? GMMAX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in GMMAX? What are GMMAX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in GMMAX? What are GMMAX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Aberdeen Funds: Aberdeen Dynamic Allocation Fund; Class A Shares (GMMAX).
The Fund seeks to maximize total investment return for a given level of risk. The Fund invests in underlying funds that invest in a particular market sector or investment strategy, by allocating significantly towards stock investments, while including some bonds and short- term investments to reduce volatility.
2. What are GMMAX top holdings?
GMMAX has 0 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 75.95% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|iShares Core S&P 500 ETF||IVV||15.54%|
|Eaton Vance Floating Rate I||EIBLX||9.84%|
|WisdomTree Europe Hedged Equity ETF||HEDJ||9.66%|
|iShares Russell 2000 ETF||IWM||7.62%|
|iShares Russell Mid-Cap ETF||IWR||7.60%|
|iShares Edge US Fixed Income Bal Rsk ETF||FIBR||7.53%|
|iShares MSCI Japan ETF||EWJ||5.11%|
|iShares MSCI EAFE ETF||EFA||4.60%|
|iShares MSCI Eurozone ETF||EZU||4.43%|
|iShares US & Intl High Yield Corp Bd ETF||GHYG||4.02%|
3. What is GMMAX performance? What are GMMAX historical returns?
GMMAX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 2.08%;
- 3-month return is 14.65%;
- 1-year return is -2.09%;
- 3-year return is 2.18%;
- 5-year return is 2.22%;
- 10-year return is 5.58%.
4. How many up and down years did GMMAX have historically?
In the last 10 years, GMMAX had 10 up years and 0 down years.
5. What is GMMAX dividend yield?
GMMAX yield is 2.22%.
6. What is GMMAX minimum initial investment amount?
GMMAX minimum initial investment amount is $3.00K.
7. What is GMMAX expense ratio?
GMMAX expense ratio is 0.98%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does GMMAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
GMMAX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.25. GMMAX front-end sales load is 5.75. GMMAX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is GMMAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is %;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is %.
10. What is GMMAX beta? How would you assess GMMAX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.28;
- 5-year beta is 1.20;
- 10-year beta is 1.20.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is N/A. Our quantitative analysis shows 0 reasons to buy and 3 reasons to sell. Finny Scores are not available if there are insufficient data points from the analysis.
13. What are the pros of investing in GMMAX? What are GMMAX buy reasons?
We don't see any strong reasons to buy GMMAX.
14. What are the cons of investing in GMMAX? What are GMMAX negatives?
The following are GMMAX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>GMMAX net assets</strong> are $8.60 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>GMMAX expense ratio</strong> is 0.98%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 5.75%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.