Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
15 important things you should know about Invesco GMSDX mutual fund
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for GMSDX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "GMSDX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on GMSDX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "GMSDX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell GMSDX? Or perhaps you’re looking for GMSDX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this GMSDX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: GMSDX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: GMSDX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in GMSDX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to GMSDX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe AIM Investment Funds (Invesco Investment Funds): Invesco Macro Allocation Strategy Fund; Class A Shares (GMSDX).
- What are GMSDX holdings?
- What is GMSDX performance? What are GMSDX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did GMSDX have historically?
- What is GMSDX dividend yield?
- What is GMSDX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is GMSDX expense ratio?
- Does GMSDX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is GMSDX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is GMSDX beta? How would you assess GMSDX risk?
- What is GMSDX Sharpe ratio?
- What is GMSDX Finny Score? GMSDX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in GMSDX? What are GMSDX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in GMSDX? What are GMSDX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe AIM Investment Funds (Invesco Investment Funds): Invesco Macro Allocation Strategy Fund; Class A Shares (GMSDX).
The Fund seeks a positive absolute return over a complete economic and market cycle. The Fund will invest in equity, fixed income and commodities. The Fund selects the appropriate assets for each asset category, allocates them based on their proprietary risk management and portfolio construction techniques.
2. What are GMSDX top holdings?
GMSDX has 0 stock holdings and 4 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 129.16% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Invesco Cayman Island Comm Fund V Ltd||N/A||23.36%|
|MSCI EAFE Index Future Dec 20||MFSZ0||16.73%|
|TOPIX Core30 Future Dec 20||TPX30Z0.DE||14.12%|
|Invesco Shrt-Trm Inv Treasury Instl||TRPXX||13.61%|
|Euro Bund Future Dec 20||FGBLZ0.TO||12.38%|
|Invesco Shrt-Trm Inv Gov&Agcy Instl||AGPXX.TO||11.91%|
|10 Year Government of Canada Bond Future Dec 20||CGBZ0.DE||10.26%|
|S&P TSX 60 Index Future Dec 20||SXFZ0||9.36%|
|Euro Stoxx 50 Future Dec 20||FESXZ0||8.93%|
|Invesco Shrt-Trm Inv Liq Assets Instl||LAPXX||8.50%|
3. What is GMSDX performance? What are GMSDX historical returns?
GMSDX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 1.83%;
- 3-month return is 7.48%;
- 1-year return is 1.37%;
- 3-year return is 0.84%;
- 5-year return is 3.53%.
4. How many up and down years did GMSDX have historically?
In the last 10 years, GMSDX had 8 up years and 2 down years.
5. What is GMSDX dividend yield?
GMSDX yield is 7.68%.
6. What is GMSDX minimum initial investment amount?
GMSDX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
7. What is GMSDX expense ratio?
GMSDX expense ratio is 1.37%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does GMSDX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
GMSDX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.25. GMSDX front-end sales load is 5.5. GMSDX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is GMSDX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 2.9%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 1.46%.
10. What is GMSDX beta? How would you assess GMSDX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.41;
- 5-year beta is 0.37.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 20. Our quantitative analysis shows 1 reason to buy and 4 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 20.
13. What are the pros of investing in GMSDX? What are GMSDX buy reasons?
The following are GMSDX strengths from our perspective:
- GMSDX 5-year return is 3.53%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg Barclays US Treasury Bellwethers 3 Mon TR USD), 1.21%.
14. What are the cons of investing in GMSDX? What are GMSDX negatives?
The following are GMSDX weaknesses from our perspective:
- GMSDX net assets are $2.20 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- GMSDX 3-year return is 0.84%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg Barclays US Treasury Bellwethers 3 Mon TR USD), 1.63%.
- GMSDX expense ratio is 1.37%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 5.5%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.