Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
10 important things you should know about Aberdeen GOPAX mutual fund
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- 10-year return above the benchmark
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 15-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for GOPAX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "GOPAX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on GOPAX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "GOPAX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell GOPAX? Or perhaps you’re looking for GOPAX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this GOPAX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: GOPAX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: GOPAX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in GOPAX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to GOPAX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Aberdeen Funds: Aberdeen China Opportunities Fund; Class A Shares (GOPAX).
- What are GOPAX holdings?
- What is GOPAX performance? What are GOPAX historical returns?
- What is GOPAX dividend yield?
- What is GOPAX minimum initial investment amount?
- Does GOPAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is GOPAX Finny Score? GOPAX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in GOPAX? What are GOPAX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in GOPAX? What are GOPAX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Aberdeen Funds: Aberdeen China Opportunities Fund; Class A Shares (GOPAX).
The Fund seeks long-term capital appreciation by investing at least 80% of its net assets in securities of companies located in China or Hong Kong.
2. What are GOPAX top holdings?
GOPAX has 46 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 48.27% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Kweichow Moutai Co Ltd||600519||6.78%|
|Ping An Insurance (Group) Co. of China Ltd||601318||6.56%|
|China Tourism Group Duty Free Corp Ltd Class A||601888||6.03%|
|Aier Eye Hospital Group Co Ltd||300015||5.18%|
|Hangzhou Hik-Vision Digital Technology Co Ltd||002415||4.53%|
|Wuliangye Yibin Co Ltd||000858||4.45%|
|Midea Group Co Ltd Class A||000333||4.28%|
|China Merchants Bank Co Ltd||600036||4.01%|
|Foshan Haitian Flavouring and Food Co Ltd Class A||603288||3.38%|
|Hangzhou Tigermed Consulting Co Ltd Class A||300347||3.07%|
3. What is GOPAX performance? What are GOPAX historical returns?
GOPAX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is -6.67%;
- 3-month return is -15.76%;
- 1-year return is -15.76%;
- 3-year return is 17.37%;
- 5-year return is 15.13%;
- 10-year return is 7.40%;
- 15-year return is 9.39%.
4. What is GOPAX dividend yield?
GOPAX yield is 0%.
5. What is GOPAX minimum initial investment amount?
GOPAX minimum initial investment amount is $3.00K.
6. Does GOPAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
GOPAX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.25. GOPAX front-end sales load is 5.75. GOPAX back-end sales load is 0.
7. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 29. Our quantitative analysis shows 2 reasons to buy and 5 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 29.
8. What are the pros of investing in GOPAX? What are GOPAX buy reasons?
The following are GOPAX strengths from our perspective:
- GOPAX 5-year return is 15.13%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI China A Onshore NR USD), 8.3%.
- GOPAX 10-year return is 7.4%, which is higher than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI China A Onshore NR USD), 6.18%.
9. What are the cons of investing in GOPAX? What are GOPAX negatives?
The following are GOPAX weaknesses from our perspective:
- GOPAX net assets are $17.70 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- GOPAX 3-year return is 17.37%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI China A Onshore NR USD), 20.44%.
- GOPAX 15-year return is 9.39%, which is lower than the 15-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI China A Onshore NR USD), 11.73%.
- GOPAX expense ratio is 1.32%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 5.75%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.