7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about Aberdeen GOPCX mutual fund
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- 10-year return above the benchmark
- Low net assets
- 15-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for GOPCX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "GOPCX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on GOPCX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "GOPCX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell GOPCX? Or perhaps you’re looking for GOPCX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this GOPCX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: GOPCX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: GOPCX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in GOPCX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to GOPCX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Aberdeen Funds: Aberdeen China Opportunities Fund; Class C Shares (GOPCX).
- What are GOPCX holdings?
- What is GOPCX performance? What are GOPCX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did GOPCX have historically?
- What is GOPCX dividend yield?
- What is GOPCX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is GOPCX expense ratio?
- Does GOPCX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is GOPCX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is GOPCX beta? How would you assess GOPCX risk?
- What is GOPCX Sharpe ratio?
- What is GOPCX Finny Score? GOPCX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in GOPCX? What are GOPCX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in GOPCX? What are GOPCX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Aberdeen Funds: Aberdeen China Opportunities Fund; Class C Shares (GOPCX).
The Fund seeks long-term capital appreciation by investing at least 80% of its net assets in securities of companies located in China or Hong Kong.
2. What are GOPCX top holdings?
GOPCX has 33 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 56.79% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Kweichow Moutai Co Ltd||600519||9.06%|
|Ping An Insurance (Group) Co. of China Ltd||601318||8.48%|
|China International Travel Service Corp Ltd Class A||601888||7.42%|
|Midea Group Co Ltd Class A||000333||5.18%|
|Aier Eye Hospital Group Co Ltd||300015||5.14%|
|China Merchants Bank Co Ltd||600036||5.13%|
|Wuliangye Yibin Co Ltd||000858||5.09%|
|Hangzhou Hik-Vision Digital Technology Co Ltd||002415||4.21%|
|Foshan Haitian Flavouring and Food Co Ltd Class A||603288||3.71%|
|Venustech Group Inc||002439||3.37%|
3. What is GOPCX performance? What are GOPCX historical returns?
GOPCX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 3.01%;
- 3-month return is 28.38%;
- 1-year return is 35.03%;
- 3-year return is 16.25%;
- 5-year return is 14.49%;
- 10-year return is 6.10%;
- 15-year return is 10.14%.
4. How many up and down years did GOPCX have historically?
In the last 10 years, GOPCX had 4 up years and 6 down years. See Performances
5. What is GOPCX dividend yield?
GOPCX yield is 0%.
6. What is GOPCX minimum initial investment amount?
GOPCX minimum initial investment amount is N/A.
7. What is GOPCX expense ratio?
GOPCX expense ratio is 2.02%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses. See Expenses
8. Does GOPCX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
GOPCX 12b-1 distribution fee is 1. GOPCX front-end sales load is 0. GOPCX back-end sales load is 1.
9. What is GOPCX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 1.03%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.36%.
10. What is GOPCX beta? How would you assess GOPCX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.92;
- 5-year beta is 0.94;
- 10-year beta is 0.86.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 43. Our quantitative analysis shows 3 reasons to buy and 4 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 43.
13. What are the pros of investing in GOPCX? What are GOPCX buy reasons?
The following are GOPCX strengths from our perspective:
- <strong>GOPCX 3-year return</strong> is 16.25%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI China A Onshore NR USD), 3.78%.
- <strong>GOPCX 5-year return</strong> is 14.49%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI China A Onshore NR USD), 4.47%.
- <strong>GOPCX 10-year return</strong> is 6.1%, which is higher than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI China A Onshore NR USD), 4.69%.
14. What are the cons of investing in GOPCX? What are GOPCX negatives?
The following are GOPCX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>GOPCX net assets</strong> are $0.90 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>GOPCX 15-year return</strong> is 10.14%, which is lower than the 15-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI China A Onshore NR USD), 13.37%.
- <strong>GOPCX expense ratio</strong> is 2.02%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and deferred sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 1%, while the maximum deferred sales load is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Deferred sales load is a back-end sales charge and is imposed when an investor redeems shares.