7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about Allianz Global Investors GVDAX mutual fund
- No Bull case arguments for now!
- Low net assets
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for GVDAX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "GVDAX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on GVDAX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "GVDAX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell GVDAX? Or perhaps you’re looking for GVDAX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this GVDAX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: GVDAX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: GVDAX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in GVDAX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to GVDAX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Allianz Funds Multi-Strategy Trust: AllianzGI Retirement 2025 Fund; Administrative Class Shares (GVDAX).
- What are GVDAX holdings?
- What is GVDAX performance? What are GVDAX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did GVDAX have historically?
- What is GVDAX dividend yield?
- What is GVDAX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is GVDAX expense ratio?
- Does GVDAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is GVDAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is GVDAX beta? How would you assess GVDAX risk?
- What is GVDAX Sharpe ratio?
- What is GVDAX Finny Score? GVDAX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in GVDAX? What are GVDAX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in GVDAX? What are GVDAX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Allianz Funds Multi-Strategy Trust: AllianzGI Retirement 2025 Fund; Administrative Class Shares (GVDAX).
The Fund seeks capital growth and preservation consistent with its asset allocation as 2025 approaches, and thereafter current income and, secondarily, capital appreciation. The Fund invests without limit in US and global equities, commodities, real estate, high yield securities, corporate and emerging market bonds.
2. What are GVDAX top holdings?
GVDAX has 0 stock holdings and 1 bond holdings.
The top 7 holdings represent 106.40% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|AllianzGI Global Dynamic Allocation R6||ADYFX||90.44%|
|MSCI EAFE Index Future June 20||MFSM0||4.41%|
|E-mini S&P 500 Futures June20||ESM0||4.32%|
|AllianzGI Core Bond R6||AOBSX.DE||3.92%|
|MSCI USA Index Future June 20||FMUSM0||1.85%|
|E Mini Russ 2000 Jun20 Xcme 20200619||N/A||0.79%|
|AllianzGI Emerging Markets Sm-Cp Instl||ALAIX||0.67%|
3. What is GVDAX performance? What are GVDAX historical returns?
GVDAX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 1.26%;
- 3-month return is 11.00%;
- 1-year return is 3.19%;
- 3-year return is 4.48%;
- 5-year return is 5.19%.
4. How many up and down years did GVDAX have historically?
In the last 10 years, GVDAX had 10 up years and 0 down years.
5. What is GVDAX dividend yield?
GVDAX yield is 5.16%.
6. What is GVDAX minimum initial investment amount?
GVDAX minimum initial investment amount is $5.00K.
7. What is GVDAX expense ratio?
GVDAX expense ratio is 0.9%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does GVDAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
GVDAX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.25. GVDAX front-end sales load is 0. GVDAX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is GVDAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is %;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is %.
10. What is GVDAX beta? How would you assess GVDAX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.93;
- 5-year beta is 0.92.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is N/A. Our quantitative analysis shows 0 reasons to buy and 3 reasons to sell. Finny Scores are not available if there are insufficient data points from the analysis.
13. What are the pros of investing in GVDAX? What are GVDAX buy reasons?
We don't see any strong reasons to buy GVDAX.
14. What are the cons of investing in GVDAX? What are GVDAX negatives?
The following are GVDAX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>GVDAX net assets</strong> are $0.20 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>GVDAX expense ratio</strong> is 0.9%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund.