7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about Allianz Global Investors GVLAX mutual fund
- No Bull case arguments for now!
- Low net assets
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for GVLAX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "GVLAX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on GVLAX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "GVLAX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell GVLAX? Or perhaps you’re looking for GVLAX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this GVLAX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: GVLAX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: GVLAX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in GVLAX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to GVLAX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Allianz Funds Multi-Strategy Trust: AllianzGI Retirement 2035 Fund; Administrative Class Shares (GVLAX).
- What are GVLAX holdings?
- What is GVLAX performance? What are GVLAX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did GVLAX have historically?
- What is GVLAX dividend yield?
- What is GVLAX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is GVLAX expense ratio?
- Does GVLAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is GVLAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is GVLAX beta? How would you assess GVLAX risk?
- What is GVLAX Sharpe ratio?
- What is GVLAX Finny Score? GVLAX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in GVLAX? What are GVLAX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in GVLAX? What are GVLAX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Allianz Funds Multi-Strategy Trust: AllianzGI Retirement 2035 Fund; Administrative Class Shares (GVLAX).
The Fund seeks capital growth and preservation consistent with its asset allocation as 2035 approaches, and thereafter current income and, secondarily, capital appreciation. The Fund invests without limit in US and global equities, commodities, real estate, high yield securities, corporate and emerging market bonds.
2. What are GVLAX top holdings?
GVLAX has 0 stock holdings and 1 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 98.60% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|AllianzGI Global Dynamic Allocation R6||ADYFX||60.21%|
|AllianzGI Best Styles US Equity R6||ALSEX||10.84%|
|Allianzgi Instl Multi-Ser Tr||N/A||5.81%|
|AllianzGI Best Styles Glbl Mgd Vol||LLLLX||5.51%|
|MSCI EAFE Index Future Mar 20||MFSH0||4.93%|
|E-mini S&P 500 Futures Mar20||ESH0||4.01%|
|AllianzGI Focused Growth R6||AFGFX||2.17%|
|AllianzGI Mid-Cap Institutional||DRMCX||2.12%|
|E-mini Nasdaq 100 Future Mar 20||NQH0||1.53%|
|AllianzGI Small-Cap R6||ASCFX||1.47%|
3. What is GVLAX performance? What are GVLAX historical returns?
GVLAX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 2.02%;
- 3-month return is 16.84%;
- 1-year return is 5.12%;
- 3-year return is 5.45%;
- 5-year return is 6.05%.
4. How many up and down years did GVLAX have historically?
In the last 10 years, GVLAX had 10 up years and 0 down years.
5. What is GVLAX dividend yield?
GVLAX yield is 4.09%.
6. What is GVLAX minimum initial investment amount?
GVLAX minimum initial investment amount is $5.00K.
7. What is GVLAX expense ratio?
GVLAX expense ratio is 0.9%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does GVLAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
GVLAX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.25. GVLAX front-end sales load is 0. GVLAX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is GVLAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 3.87%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 2.8%.
10. What is GVLAX beta? How would you assess GVLAX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.27;
- 5-year beta is 1.24.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is N/A. Our quantitative analysis shows 0 reasons to buy and 3 reasons to sell. Finny Scores are not available if there are insufficient data points from the analysis.
13. What are the pros of investing in GVLAX? What are GVLAX buy reasons?
We don't see any strong reasons to buy GVLAX.
14. What are the cons of investing in GVLAX? What are GVLAX negatives?
The following are GVLAX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>GVLAX net assets</strong> are $0.20 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>GVLAX expense ratio</strong> is 0.9%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund.