Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
14 important things you should know about Allianz Funds GVSAX mutual fund
Before we start: if you’re looking for GVSAX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "GVSAX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on GVSAX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "GVSAX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell GVSAX? Or perhaps you’re looking for GVSAX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this GVSAX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: GVSAX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: GVSAX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in GVSAX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to GVSAX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Allianz Funds Multi-Strategy Trust: AllianzGI Retirement 2025 Fund; Class A Shares (GVSAX).
- What are GVSAX holdings?
- What is GVSAX performance? What are GVSAX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did GVSAX have historically?
- What is GVSAX dividend yield?
- What is GVSAX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is GVSAX expense ratio?
- Does GVSAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is GVSAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is GVSAX beta? How would you assess GVSAX risk?
- What is GVSAX Sharpe ratio?
- What is GVSAX Finny Score? GVSAX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in GVSAX? What are GVSAX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in GVSAX? What are GVSAX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Allianz Funds Multi-Strategy Trust: AllianzGI Retirement 2025 Fund; Class A Shares (GVSAX).
The Fund seeks capital growth and preservation consistent with its asset allocation as 2025 approaches, and thereafter current income and, secondarily, capital appreciation. The Fund invests without limit in US and global equities, commodities, real estate, high yield securities, corporate and emerging market bonds.
2. What are GVSAX top holdings?
GVSAX has 0 stock holdings and 1 bond holdings.
The top 8 holdings represent 119.79% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|AllianzGI Global Dynamic Allocation R6||ADYFX||96.05%|
|MSCI EAFE Index Future Mar 20||MFSH0||9.57%|
|AllianzGI Core Bond R6||AOBSX.DE||5.33%|
|MSCI USA Index Future Mar 20||FMUSH0||3.54%|
|E-mini Nasdaq 100 Future Mar 20||NQH0||1.98%|
|E-mini S&P 500 Futures Mar20||ESH0||1.73%|
|Future on Russel 2000 (TR) Mar20||N/A||0.86%|
|AllianzGI Emerging Markets Sm-Cp Instl||ALAIX||0.73%|
3. What is GVSAX performance? What are GVSAX historical returns?
GVSAX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 2.76%;
- 3-month return is -8.29%;
- 1-year return is 0.98%;
- 3-year return is 3.31%;
- 5-year return is 3.94%.
4. How many up and down years did GVSAX have historically?
In the last 10 years, GVSAX had 8 up years and 2 down years.
5. What is GVSAX dividend yield?
GVSAX yield is 5.2%.
6. What is GVSAX minimum initial investment amount?
GVSAX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
7. What is GVSAX expense ratio?
GVSAX expense ratio is 0.95%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does GVSAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
GVSAX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.25. GVSAX front-end sales load is 5.5. GVSAX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is GVSAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 4.62%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 2.72%.
10. What is GVSAX beta? How would you assess GVSAX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.95;
- 5-year beta is 0.93.
12. What is GVSAX Finny Score? GVSAX buy or sell?
GVSAX Finny Score is 0. Our quantitative analysis shows 0 reasons to buy GVSAX and 5 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 0.
13. What are the pros of investing in GVSAX? What are GVSAX buy reasons?
We don't see any strong reasons to buy GVSAX.
14. What are the cons of investing in GVSAX? What are GVSAX negatives?
The following are GVSAX weaknesses from our perspective:
- GVSAX net assets are $5.80 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- GVSAX 3-year return is 3.31%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Morningstar Lifetime Allocation Moderate 2025 TR USD), 5.1%.
- GVSAX 5-year return is 3.94%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Morningstar Lifetime Allocation Moderate 2025 TR USD), 4.7%.
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 5.5%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.
- GVSAX expense ratio is 0.95%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?