Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
14 important things you should know about American Funds GWPAX mutual fund
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for GWPAX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "GWPAX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on GWPAX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "GWPAX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell GWPAX? Or perhaps you’re looking for GWPAX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this GWPAX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: GWPAX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: GWPAX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in GWPAX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to GWPAX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Funds Portfolio Series: American Funds Growth Portfolio; Class A Shares (GWPAX).
- What are GWPAX holdings?
- What is GWPAX performance? What are GWPAX historical returns?
- What is GWPAX dividend yield?
- What is GWPAX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is GWPAX expense ratio?
- Does GWPAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is GWPAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is GWPAX beta? How would you assess GWPAX risk?
- What is GWPAX Sharpe ratio?
- What is GWPAX Finny Score? GWPAX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in GWPAX? What are GWPAX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in GWPAX? What are GWPAX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Funds Portfolio Series: American Funds Growth Portfolio; Class A Shares (GWPAX).
The Fund seeks long-term growth of capital. The Fund will have significant exposure to growth-oriented common stocks. The Fund will typically have significant exposure to issuers domiciled outside the United States. The Fund may also have exposure to smaller capitalization issuers and issuers in emerging markets.
2. What are GWPAX top holdings?
GWPAX has 0 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 6 holdings represent 100.04% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|American Funds Growth Fund of Amer R6||RGAGX||25.27%|
|American Funds AMCAP R6||RAFGX||24.79%|
|American Funds Fundamental Invs R6||RFNGX||19.76%|
|American Funds New Perspective R6||RNPGX||10.17%|
|American Funds SMALLCAP World R6||RLLGX||10.06%|
|American Funds New Economy R6||RNGGX||9.99%|
3. What is GWPAX performance? What are GWPAX historical returns?
GWPAX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 3.65%;
- 3-month return is 8.86%;
- 1-year return is 8.86%;
- 3-year return is 17.65%;
- 5-year return is 17.17%.
4. What is GWPAX dividend yield?
GWPAX yield is 0.38%.
5. What is GWPAX minimum initial investment amount?
GWPAX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
6. What is GWPAX expense ratio?
GWPAX expense ratio is 0.38%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
7. Does GWPAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
GWPAX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.26. GWPAX front-end sales load is 5.75. GWPAX back-end sales load is 0.
8. What is GWPAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.8%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 1.16%.
9. What is GWPAX beta? How would you assess GWPAX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.96;
- 5-year beta is 0.97.
11. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is N/A. Our quantitative analysis shows 2 reasons to buy and 1 reason to sell. Finny Scores are not available if there are insufficient data points from the analysis.
12. What are the pros of investing in GWPAX? What are GWPAX buy reasons?
The following are GWPAX strengths from our perspective:
- GWPAX 3-year return is 17.65%, which is in line with the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 18.19%.
- GWPAX 5-year return is 17.17%, which is in line with the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 17.99%.
13. What are the cons of investing in GWPAX? What are GWPAX negatives?
The following are GWPAX weaknesses from our perspective:
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.26%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 5.75%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.