Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
14 important things you should know about American Funds GWPCX mutual fund
Before we start: if you’re looking for GWPCX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "GWPCX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on GWPCX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "GWPCX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell GWPCX? Or perhaps you’re looking for GWPCX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this GWPCX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: GWPCX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: GWPCX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in GWPCX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to GWPCX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Funds Portfolio Series: American Funds Growth Portfolio; Class C Shares (GWPCX).
- What are GWPCX holdings?
- What is GWPCX performance? What are GWPCX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did GWPCX have historically?
- What is GWPCX dividend yield?
- What is GWPCX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is GWPCX expense ratio?
- Does GWPCX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is GWPCX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is GWPCX beta? How would you assess GWPCX risk?
- What is GWPCX Sharpe ratio?
- What is GWPCX Finny Score? GWPCX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in GWPCX? What are GWPCX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in GWPCX? What are GWPCX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Funds Portfolio Series: American Funds Growth Portfolio; Class C Shares (GWPCX).
The Fund seeks long-term growth of capital. The Fund will have significant exposure to growth-oriented common stocks. The Fund will typically have significant exposure to issuers domiciled outside the United States. The Fund may also have exposure to smaller capitalization issuers and issuers in emerging markets.
2. What are GWPCX top holdings?
GWPCX has 0 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 6 holdings represent 100.03% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|American Funds Growth Fund of Amer R6||RGAGX||20.21%|
|American Funds AMCAP R6||RAFGX||20.04%|
|American Funds Fundamental Invs R6||RFNGX||19.96%|
|American Funds Invmt Co of Amer R6||RICGX||15.01%|
|American Funds Europacific Growth R6||RERGX||14.91%|
|American Funds SMALLCAP World R6||RLLGX||9.90%|
3. What is GWPCX performance? What are GWPCX historical returns?
GWPCX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 7.96%;
- 3-month return is -10.65%;
- 1-year return is 2.21%;
- 3-year return is 6.76%;
- 5-year return is 6.25%.
4. How many up and down years did GWPCX have historically?
In the last 10 years, GWPCX had 9 up years and 1 down year.
5. What is GWPCX dividend yield?
GWPCX yield is 0.16%.
6. What is GWPCX minimum initial investment amount?
GWPCX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
7. What is GWPCX expense ratio?
GWPCX expense ratio is 1.5%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does GWPCX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
GWPCX 12b-1 distribution fee is 1. GWPCX front-end sales load is 0. GWPCX back-end sales load is 1.
9. What is GWPCX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 1.2%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 1.02%.
10. What is GWPCX beta? How would you assess GWPCX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.96;
- 5-year beta is 0.96.
12. What is GWPCX Finny Score? GWPCX buy or sell?
GWPCX Finny Score is 0. Our quantitative analysis shows 0 reasons to buy GWPCX and 4 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 0.
13. What are the pros of investing in GWPCX? What are GWPCX buy reasons?
We don't see any strong reasons to buy GWPCX.
14. What are the cons of investing in GWPCX? What are GWPCX negatives?
The following are GWPCX weaknesses from our perspective:
- GWPCX 3-year return is 6.76%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 9.1%.
- GWPCX 5-year return is 6.25%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 9.05%.
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and deferred sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 1%, while the maximum deferred sales load is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Deferred sales load is a back-end sales charge and is imposed when an investor redeems shares.
- GWPCX expense ratio is 1.5%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?