7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about Hancock Horizon HMIAX mutual fund
- No sales load or distribution fees
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
Before we start: if you’re looking for HMIAX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "HMIAX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on HMIAX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "HMIAX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell HMIAX? Or perhaps you’re looking for HMIAX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this HMIAX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: HMIAX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: HMIAX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in HMIAX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to HMIAX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Advisors' Inner Circle Fund II: Hancock Horizon Microcap Fund; Investor Class Shares (HMIAX).
- What are HMIAX holdings?
- What is HMIAX performance? What are HMIAX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did HMIAX have historically?
- What is HMIAX dividend yield?
- What is HMIAX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is HMIAX expense ratio?
- Does HMIAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is HMIAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is HMIAX beta? How would you assess HMIAX risk?
- What is HMIAX Sharpe ratio?
- What is HMIAX Finny Score? HMIAX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in HMIAX? What are HMIAX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in HMIAX? What are HMIAX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Advisors' Inner Circle Fund II: Hancock Horizon Microcap Fund; Investor Class Shares (HMIAX).
The Fund seeks long-term capital appreciation. Under normal market conditions, the Fund invests at least 80% of its net assets in equity securities of U.S. companies with micro capitalizations. It considers micro-capitalization companies to be those with market capitalizations under $750 million at the time of purchase.
2. What are HMIAX top holdings?
HMIAX has 91 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 11.78% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Citi Trends Inc||CTRN||1.28%|
|Harpoon Therapeutics Inc||HARP||1.22%|
|Oportun Financial Corp||OPRT||1.21%|
|Simulations Plus Inc||SLP||1.20%|
|Metropolitan Bank Holding Corp||MCB||1.19%|
|BRT Apartments Corp||BRT||1.16%|
|Osmotica Pharmaceuticals PLC||OSMT||1.15%|
|Spark Energy Inc A||SPKE||1.15%|
|Carriage Services Inc||CSV||1.11%|
3. What is HMIAX performance? What are HMIAX historical returns?
HMIAX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is -2.00%;
- 3-month return is -1.10%;
- 1-year return is -21.12%;
- 3-year return is -11.22%;
- 5-year return is -2.81%.
4. How many up and down years did HMIAX have historically?
In the last 10 years, HMIAX had 9 up years and 1 down year. See Performances
5. What is HMIAX dividend yield?
HMIAX yield is 0.32%.
6. What is HMIAX minimum initial investment amount?
HMIAX minimum initial investment amount is N/A.
7. What is HMIAX expense ratio?
HMIAX expense ratio is 1.55%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses. See Expenses
8. Does HMIAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
HMIAX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. HMIAX front-end sales load is 0. HMIAX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is HMIAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.13%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.48%.
10. What is HMIAX beta? How would you assess HMIAX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.26;
- 5-year beta is 1.18.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 20. Our quantitative analysis shows 1 reason to buy and 4 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 20.
13. What are the pros of investing in HMIAX? What are HMIAX buy reasons?
The following are HMIAX strengths from our perspective:
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
14. What are the cons of investing in HMIAX? What are HMIAX negatives?
The following are HMIAX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>HMIAX net assets</strong> are $0.50 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>HMIAX 3-year return</strong> is -11.22%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Russell Micro Cap TR USD), 2.56%.
- <strong>HMIAX 5-year return</strong> is -2.81%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Russell Micro Cap TR USD), 5.91%.
- <strong>HMIAX expense ratio</strong> is 1.55%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?