7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $15/month, without ads. Start a trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about Invesco IEMAX mutual fund
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- Low net assets
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for IEMAX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "IEMAX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on IEMAX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "IEMAX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell IEMAX? Or perhaps you’re looking for IEMAX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this IEMAX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: IEMAX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: IEMAX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in IEMAX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to IEMAX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe AIM Investment Funds (Invesco Investment Funds) : Invesco Emerging Markets Equity Fund; Class A Shares (IEMAX).
- What are IEMAX holdings?
- What is IEMAX performance? What are IEMAX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did IEMAX have historically?
- What is IEMAX dividend yield?
- What is IEMAX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is IEMAX expense ratio?
- Does IEMAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is IEMAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is IEMAX beta? How would you assess IEMAX risk?
- What is IEMAX Sharpe ratio?
- What is IEMAX Finny Score? IEMAX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in IEMAX? What are IEMAX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in IEMAX? What are IEMAX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe AIM Investment Funds (Invesco Investment Funds) : Invesco Emerging Markets Equity Fund; Class A Shares (IEMAX).
The Fund seeks long-term growth of capital. The Fund invests at least 80% of its net assets in equity securities of issuers in emerging market countries, those that are in the early stages of their industrial cycles, and in other instruments that have economic characteristics similar to such securities.
2. What are IEMAX top holdings?
IEMAX has 51 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 52.34% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Alibaba Group Holding Ltd ADR||BABA||7.92%|
|Virscend Education Company Ltd||01565||6.80%|
|Prosus NV Ordinary Shares - Class N||PRX||5.80%|
|Tencent Holdings Ltd||00700||5.46%|
|Gree Electric Appliances Inc of Zhuhai||000651||4.99%|
|Ping An Insurance (Group) Co. of China Ltd Class H||02318||4.98%|
|Samsung Electronics Co Ltd Participating Preferred||005935.KS||4.43%|
|Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd||2330.TW||4.25%|
|Focus Media Information Technology Co Ltd||002027||3.87%|
|China Isotope & Radiation Corp Ordinary Shares - Class H||01763||3.84%|
3. What is IEMAX performance? What are IEMAX historical returns?
IEMAX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 3.14%;
- 3-month return is 15.30%;
- 1-year return is 26.04%;
- 3-year return is 10.39%;
- 5-year return is 15.68%.
4. How many up and down years did IEMAX have historically?
In the last 10 years, IEMAX had 6 up years and 4 down years.
5. What is IEMAX dividend yield?
IEMAX yield is 1.98%.
6. What is IEMAX minimum initial investment amount?
IEMAX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
7. What is IEMAX expense ratio?
IEMAX expense ratio is 1.33%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does IEMAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
IEMAX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.25. IEMAX front-end sales load is 5.5. IEMAX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is IEMAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.98%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.78%.
10. What is IEMAX beta? How would you assess IEMAX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.16;
- 5-year beta is 1.11.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 40. Our quantitative analysis shows 2 reasons to buy and 3 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 40.
13. What are the pros of investing in IEMAX? What are IEMAX buy reasons?
The following are IEMAX strengths from our perspective:
- IEMAX 3-year return is 10.39%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EAFE NR USD), 3.71%.
- IEMAX 5-year return is 15.68%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EAFE NR USD), 7.34%.
14. What are the cons of investing in IEMAX? What are IEMAX negatives?
The following are IEMAX weaknesses from our perspective:
- IEMAX net assets are $45.00 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- IEMAX expense ratio is 1.33%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 5.5%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.