7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $15 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about Invesco IGDAX mutual fund
- No Bull case arguments for now!
- Low net assets
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for IGDAX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "IGDAX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on IGDAX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "IGDAX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell IGDAX? Or perhaps you’re looking for IGDAX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this IGDAX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: IGDAX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: IGDAX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in IGDAX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to IGDAX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe AIM Sector Funds (Invesco Sector Funds): Invesco Gold & Precious Metals Fund; Class A Shares (IGDAX).
- What are IGDAX holdings?
- What is IGDAX performance? What are IGDAX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did IGDAX have historically?
- What is IGDAX dividend yield?
- What is IGDAX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is IGDAX expense ratio?
- Does IGDAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is IGDAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is IGDAX beta? How would you assess IGDAX risk?
- What is IGDAX Sharpe ratio?
- What is IGDAX Finny Score? IGDAX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in IGDAX? What are IGDAX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in IGDAX? What are IGDAX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe AIM Sector Funds (Invesco Sector Funds): Invesco Gold & Precious Metals Fund; Class A Shares (IGDAX).
The Fund seeks long-term growth of capital. The Fund invests, under normal circumstances, at least 80% of its net assets in securities of issuers engaged in exploring for, mining, processing, or dealing and investing in gold and other precious metals, and in derivatives and other instruments similar to such securities.
2. What are IGDAX top holdings?
IGDAX has 43 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 53.31% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Barrick Gold Corp||ABX.TO||6.50%|
|Kinross Gold Corp||K.TO||5.47%|
|Torex Gold Resources Inc||TXG.TO||5.01%|
|Wheaton Precious Metals Corp||WPM.TO||4.95%|
|SPDRÂ® Gold Shares||GLD||4.85%|
|iShares Gold Trust||IAU||4.80%|
|Sandstorm Gold Ltd||SSL.TO||4.44%|
3. What is IGDAX performance? What are IGDAX historical returns?
IGDAX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 36.34%;
- 3-month return is 5.63%;
- 1-year return is 40.84%;
- 3-year return is 4.68%;
- 5-year return is 5.47%;
- 10-year return is -3.71%.
4. How many up and down years did IGDAX have historically?
In the last 10 years, IGDAX had 4 up years and 6 down years.
5. What is IGDAX dividend yield?
IGDAX yield is 0%.
6. What is IGDAX minimum initial investment amount?
IGDAX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
7. What is IGDAX expense ratio?
IGDAX expense ratio is 1.49%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does IGDAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
IGDAX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.25. IGDAX front-end sales load is 5.5. IGDAX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is IGDAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is %;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is %.
10. What is IGDAX beta? How would you assess IGDAX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.57;
- 5-year beta is 0.65;
- 10-year beta is 0.58.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is N/A. Our quantitative analysis shows 0 reasons to buy and 3 reasons to sell. Finny Scores are not available if there are insufficient data points from the analysis.
13. What are the pros of investing in IGDAX? What are IGDAX buy reasons?
We don't see any strong reasons to buy IGDAX.
14. What are the cons of investing in IGDAX? What are IGDAX negatives?
The following are IGDAX weaknesses from our perspective:
- IGDAX net assets are $117.30 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- IGDAX expense ratio is 1.49%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 5.5%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.