7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about American Independence IKTEX mutual fund
- No Bull case arguments for now!
- Low net assets
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for IKTEX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "IKTEX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on IKTEX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "IKTEX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell IKTEX? Or perhaps you’re looking for IKTEX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this IKTEX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: IKTEX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: IKTEX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in IKTEX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to IKTEX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Independence Funds Trust: American Independence Kansas Tax-Exempt Bond Fund; Class C Shares (IKTEX).
- What are IKTEX holdings?
- What is IKTEX performance? What are IKTEX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did IKTEX have historically?
- What is IKTEX dividend yield?
- What is IKTEX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is IKTEX expense ratio?
- Does IKTEX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is IKTEX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is IKTEX beta? How would you assess IKTEX risk?
- What is IKTEX Sharpe ratio?
- What is IKTEX Finny Score? IKTEX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in IKTEX? What are IKTEX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in IKTEX? What are IKTEX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Independence Funds Trust: American Independence Kansas Tax-Exempt Bond Fund; Class C Shares (IKTEX).
The Fund seeks to preserve capital while producing current income for the investor that is exempt from both federal and Kansas state income taxes. The Fund invests to invest in municipal bonds ranging from 1 to 20 years and which are rated, at the time of purchase, investment grade.
2. What are IKTEX top holdings?
IKTEX has 0 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 1 holding represent 1.30% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Johnson Cnty Kans Wtr Dist 3.25%||N/A||1.30%|
3. What is IKTEX performance? What are IKTEX historical returns?
IKTEX has generated the following returns:
4. How many up and down years did IKTEX have historically?
In the last 10 years, IKTEX had 7 up years and 2 down years.
5. What is IKTEX dividend yield?
IKTEX yield is 1.97%.
6. What is IKTEX minimum initial investment amount?
IKTEX minimum initial investment amount is $5.00K.
7. What is IKTEX expense ratio?
IKTEX expense ratio is 1.48%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does IKTEX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
IKTEX 12b-1 distribution fee is 1. IKTEX front-end sales load is 0. IKTEX back-end sales load is 1.
9. What is IKTEX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is %;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is %.
10. What is IKTEX beta? How would you assess IKTEX risk?
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is N/A. Our quantitative analysis shows 0 reasons to buy and 3 reasons to sell. Finny Scores are not available if there are insufficient data points from the analysis.
13. What are the pros of investing in IKTEX? What are IKTEX buy reasons?
We don't see any strong reasons to buy IKTEX.
14. What are the cons of investing in IKTEX? What are IKTEX negatives?
The following are IKTEX weaknesses from our perspective:
- IKTEX net assets are $0.70 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- IKTEX expense ratio is 1.48%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and deferred sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 1%, while the maximum deferred sales load is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Deferred sales load is a back-end sales charge and is imposed when an investor redeems shares.