7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $15/month, without ads. Start a trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about American Funds INPAX mutual fund
- No Bull case arguments for now!
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for INPAX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "INPAX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on INPAX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "INPAX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell INPAX? Or perhaps you’re looking for INPAX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this INPAX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: INPAX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: INPAX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in INPAX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to INPAX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Funds Portfolio Series: American Funds Income Portfolio; Class A Shares (INPAX).
- What are INPAX holdings?
- What is INPAX performance? What are INPAX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did INPAX have historically?
- What is INPAX dividend yield?
- What is INPAX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is INPAX expense ratio?
- Does INPAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is INPAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is INPAX beta? How would you assess INPAX risk?
- What is INPAX Sharpe ratio?
- What is INPAX Finny Score? INPAX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in INPAX? What are INPAX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in INPAX? What are INPAX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Funds Portfolio Series: American Funds Income Portfolio; Class A Shares (INPAX).
The Fund seeks current income, and secondarily, long term growth of capital. The Fund will have significant exposure to dividend paying stocks. The Fund will have significant exposure to bond rated BBB+ or below and Ba1 or below or unrated but determined by the Fund's investment adviser to be of equivalent quality.
2. What are INPAX top holdings?
INPAX has 0 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 6 holdings represent 100.04% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|American Funds Income Fund of Amer R6||RIDGX||25.04%|
|American Funds Capital Income Bldr R6||RIRGX||24.79%|
|American Funds American High-Inc R6||RITGX||15.13%|
|American Funds American Mutual R6||RMFGX||15.09%|
|American Funds Bond Fund of Amer R6||RBFGX||10.00%|
|American Funds Interm Bd Fd of Amer R6||RBOGX||9.99%|
3. What is INPAX performance? What are INPAX historical returns?
INPAX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 1.70%;
- 3-month return is 6.33%;
- 1-year return is 4.74%;
- 3-year return is 5.38%;
- 5-year return is 7.61%.
4. How many up and down years did INPAX have historically?
In the last 10 years, INPAX had 8 up years and 2 down years.
5. What is INPAX dividend yield?
INPAX yield is 3.22%.
6. What is INPAX minimum initial investment amount?
INPAX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
7. What is INPAX expense ratio?
INPAX expense ratio is 0.34%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does INPAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
INPAX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.27. INPAX front-end sales load is 5.75. INPAX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is INPAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 1.58%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 1.32%.
10. What is INPAX beta? How would you assess INPAX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.82;
- 5-year beta is 0.82.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is N/A. Our quantitative analysis shows 0 reasons to buy and 3 reasons to sell. Finny Scores are not available if there are insufficient data points from the analysis.
13. What are the pros of investing in INPAX? What are INPAX buy reasons?
We don't see any strong reasons to buy INPAX.
14. What are the cons of investing in INPAX? What are INPAX negatives?
The following are INPAX weaknesses from our perspective:
- INPAX 3-year return is 5.38%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 13.4%.
- INPAX 5-year return is 7.61%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 15.1%.
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.27%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 5.75%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.