Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
15 important things you should know about American Funds INPCX mutual fund
- No Bull case arguments for now!
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for INPCX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "INPCX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on INPCX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "INPCX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell INPCX? Or perhaps you’re looking for INPCX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this INPCX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: INPCX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: INPCX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in INPCX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to INPCX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Funds Portfolio Series: American Funds Income Portfolio; Class C Shares (INPCX).
- What are INPCX holdings?
- What is INPCX performance? What are INPCX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did INPCX have historically?
- What is INPCX dividend yield?
- What is INPCX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is INPCX expense ratio?
- Does INPCX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is INPCX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is INPCX beta? How would you assess INPCX risk?
- What is INPCX Sharpe ratio?
- What is INPCX Finny Score? INPCX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in INPCX? What are INPCX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in INPCX? What are INPCX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Funds Portfolio Series: American Funds Income Portfolio; Class C Shares (INPCX).
The Fund seeks current income, and secondarily, long term growth of capital. The Fund will have significant exposure to dividend paying stocks. The Fund will have significant exposure to bond rated BBB+ or below and Ba1 or below or unrated but determined by the Fund's investment adviser to be of equivalent quality.
2. What are INPCX top holdings?
INPCX has 0 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 6 holdings represent 100.04% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|American Funds Income Fund of Amer R6||RIDGX||25.04%|
|American Funds Capital Income Bldr R6||RIRGX||24.79%|
|American Funds American High-Inc R6||RITGX||15.13%|
|American Funds American Mutual R6||RMFGX||15.09%|
|American Funds Bond Fund of Amer R6||RBFGX||10.00%|
|American Funds Interm Bd Fd of Amer R6||RBOGX||9.99%|
3. What is INPCX performance? What are INPCX historical returns?
INPCX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 0.38%;
- 3-month return is 3.77%;
- 1-year return is 3.77%;
- 3-year return is 8.31%;
- 5-year return is 7.08%.
4. How many up and down years did INPCX have historically?
In the last 10 years, INPCX had 8 up years and 2 down years.
5. What is INPCX dividend yield?
INPCX yield is 2.36%.
6. What is INPCX minimum initial investment amount?
INPCX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
7. What is INPCX expense ratio?
INPCX expense ratio is 1.06%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does INPCX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
INPCX 12b-1 distribution fee is 1. INPCX front-end sales load is 0. INPCX back-end sales load is 1.
9. What is INPCX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 1.36%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 1.21%.
10. What is INPCX beta? How would you assess INPCX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.82;
- 5-year beta is 0.82.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 0. Our quantitative analysis shows 0 reasons to buy and 5 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 0.
13. What are the pros of investing in INPCX? What are INPCX buy reasons?
We don't see any strong reasons to buy INPCX.
14. What are the cons of investing in INPCX? What are INPCX negatives?
The following are INPCX weaknesses from our perspective:
- INPCX net assets are $699.30 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- INPCX 3-year return is 8.31%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 19.06%.
- INPCX 5-year return is 7.08%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 17.9%.
- INPCX expense ratio is 1.06%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and deferred sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 1%, while the maximum deferred sales load is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Deferred sales load is a back-end sales charge and is imposed when an investor redeems shares.