7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about AMG Funds MFQAX mutual fund
- 10-year return above the benchmark
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for MFQAX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "MFQAX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on MFQAX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "MFQAX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell MFQAX? Or perhaps you’re looking for MFQAX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this MFQAX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: MFQAX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: MFQAX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in MFQAX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to MFQAX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe AMG Funds I: AMG FQ Tax-Managed US Equity Fund; Class N Shares (MFQAX).
- What are MFQAX holdings?
- What is MFQAX performance? What are MFQAX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did MFQAX have historically?
- What is MFQAX dividend yield?
- What is MFQAX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is MFQAX expense ratio?
- Does MFQAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is MFQAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is MFQAX beta? How would you assess MFQAX risk?
- What is MFQAX Sharpe ratio?
- What is MFQAX Finny Score? MFQAX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in MFQAX? What are MFQAX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in MFQAX? What are MFQAX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe AMG Funds I: AMG FQ Tax-Managed US Equity Fund; Class N Shares (MFQAX).
The Fund seeks to achieve superior term after-tax returns by investing in a diversified long-portfolio of U.S. equity securities that reflects the industry, earnings growth, valuation and similar characteristics of the Russell 3000 Index. The Fund uses quantitative models in stock selection.
2. What are MFQAX top holdings?
MFQAX has 133 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 35.89% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Visa Inc Class A||V||4.53%|
|Mastercard Inc A||MA||4.36%|
|UnitedHealth Group Inc||UNH||3.97%|
|Berkshire Hathaway Inc Class B||BRK.B||3.01%|
|Brown & Brown Inc||BRO||2.66%|
|Facebook Inc A||FB||2.06%|
3. What is MFQAX performance? What are MFQAX historical returns?
MFQAX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 2.89%;
- 3-month return is 8.77%;
- 1-year return is 10.91%;
- 3-year return is 9.50%;
- 5-year return is 9.61%;
- 10-year return is 12.74%.
4. How many up and down years did MFQAX have historically?
In the last 10 years, MFQAX had 8 up years and 2 down years.
5. What is MFQAX dividend yield?
MFQAX yield is 0.24%.
6. What is MFQAX minimum initial investment amount?
MFQAX minimum initial investment amount is $3.00K.
7. What is MFQAX expense ratio?
MFQAX expense ratio is 1.14%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does MFQAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
MFQAX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.25. MFQAX front-end sales load is 0. MFQAX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is MFQAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.13%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.19%.
10. What is MFQAX beta? How would you assess MFQAX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.07;
- 5-year beta is 1.03;
- 10-year beta is 1.06.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 17. Our quantitative analysis shows 1 reason to buy and 5 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 17.
13. What are the pros of investing in MFQAX? What are MFQAX buy reasons?
The following are MFQAX strengths from our perspective:
- MFQAX 10-year return is 12.74%, which is in line with the 10-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 3000 TR USD), 14.06%.
14. What are the cons of investing in MFQAX? What are MFQAX negatives?
The following are MFQAX weaknesses from our perspective:
- MFQAX net assets are $8.40 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- MFQAX 3-year return is 9.5%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 3000 TR USD), 12.98%.
- MFQAX 5-year return is 9.61%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 3000 TR USD), 13.89%.
- MFQAX expense ratio is 1.14%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund.