7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about Arrow Funds MFTFX mutual fund
- No Bull case arguments for now!
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- 10-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for MFTFX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "MFTFX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on MFTFX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "MFTFX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell MFTFX? Or perhaps you’re looking for MFTFX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this MFTFX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: MFTFX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: MFTFX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in MFTFX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to MFTFX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Arrow Investments Trust: Arrow Managed Futures Strategy Fund; Class A Shares (MFTFX).
- What are MFTFX holdings?
- What is MFTFX performance? What are MFTFX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did MFTFX have historically?
- What is MFTFX dividend yield?
- What is MFTFX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is MFTFX expense ratio?
- Does MFTFX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is MFTFX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is MFTFX beta? How would you assess MFTFX risk?
- What is MFTFX Sharpe ratio?
- What is MFTFX Finny Score? MFTFX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in MFTFX? What are MFTFX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in MFTFX? What are MFTFX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Arrow Investments Trust: Arrow Managed Futures Strategy Fund; Class A Shares (MFTFX).
The Fund seeks to provide investment results that match the performance of a benchmark for measuring trends in the commodity and financial futures markets. The benchmark is constructed to capture both up and down price trends in physical commodities, global currencies and US interest rates.
2. What are MFTFX top holdings?
MFTFX has 0 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 3 holdings represent 103.38% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Arrow Reserve Capital Management ETF||ARCM||50.84%|
|Dunn Commodities Man||N/A||42.14%|
|Arrow Managed Futures Trend Fund Ltd||N/A||10.40%|
3. What is MFTFX performance? What are MFTFX historical returns?
MFTFX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is -2.17%;
- 3-month return is -2.17%;
- 1-year return is -20.23%;
- 3-year return is 1.93%;
- 5-year return is -1.72%;
- 10-year return is -1.21%.
4. How many up and down years did MFTFX have historically?
In the last 10 years, MFTFX had 5 up years and 5 down years. See Performances
5. What is MFTFX dividend yield?
MFTFX yield is 20%.
6. What is MFTFX minimum initial investment amount?
MFTFX minimum initial investment amount is N/A.
7. What is MFTFX expense ratio?
MFTFX expense ratio is 1.49%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses. See Expenses
8. Does MFTFX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
MFTFX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.25. MFTFX front-end sales load is 5.75. MFTFX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is MFTFX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.08%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 3.53%.
10. What is MFTFX beta? How would you assess MFTFX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.75;
- 5-year beta is 1.61;
- 10-year beta is 1.07.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 0. Our quantitative analysis shows 0 reasons to buy and 6 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 0.
13. What are the pros of investing in MFTFX? What are MFTFX buy reasons?
We don't see any strong reasons to buy MFTFX.
14. What are the cons of investing in MFTFX? What are MFTFX negatives?
The following are MFTFX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>MFTFX net assets</strong> are $9.90 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>MFTFX 3-year return</strong> is 1.93%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 13.64%.
- <strong>MFTFX 5-year return</strong> is -1.72%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 14.57%.
- <strong>MFTFX 10-year return</strong> is -1.21%, which is lower than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 14.33%.
- <strong>MFTFX expense ratio</strong> is 1.49%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 5.75%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.