7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about Arrow Funds MFTTX mutual fund
- No Bull case arguments for now!
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- 10-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for MFTTX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "MFTTX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on MFTTX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "MFTTX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell MFTTX? Or perhaps you’re looking for MFTTX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this MFTTX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: MFTTX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: MFTTX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in MFTTX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to MFTTX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Arrow Investments Trust: Arrow Managed Futures Strategy Fund; Class C Shares (MFTTX).
- What are MFTTX holdings?
- What is MFTTX performance? What are MFTTX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did MFTTX have historically?
- What is MFTTX dividend yield?
- What is MFTTX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is MFTTX expense ratio?
- Does MFTTX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is MFTTX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is MFTTX beta? How would you assess MFTTX risk?
- What is MFTTX Sharpe ratio?
- What is MFTTX Finny Score? MFTTX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in MFTTX? What are MFTTX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in MFTTX? What are MFTTX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Arrow Investments Trust: Arrow Managed Futures Strategy Fund; Class C Shares (MFTTX).
The Fund seeks to provide investment results that match the performance of a benchmark for measuring trends in the commodity and financial futures markets. The benchmark is constructed to capture both up and down price trends in physical commodities, global currencies and US interest rates.
2. What are MFTTX top holdings?
MFTTX has 0 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 3 holdings represent 103.38% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Arrow Reserve Capital Management ETF||ARCM||50.84%|
|Dunn Commodities Man||N/A||42.14%|
|Arrow Managed Futures Trend Fund Ltd||N/A||10.40%|
3. What is MFTTX performance? What are MFTTX historical returns?
MFTTX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is -2.12%;
- 3-month return is -2.30%;
- 1-year return is -20.89%;
- 3-year return is 0.85%;
- 5-year return is -2.41%;
- 10-year return is -1.93%.
4. How many up and down years did MFTTX have historically?
In the last 10 years, MFTTX had 4 up years and 6 down years. See Performances
5. What is MFTTX dividend yield?
MFTTX yield is 20.36%.
6. What is MFTTX minimum initial investment amount?
MFTTX minimum initial investment amount is N/A.
7. What is MFTTX expense ratio?
MFTTX expense ratio is 2.24%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses. See Expenses
8. Does MFTTX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
MFTTX 12b-1 distribution fee is 1. MFTTX front-end sales load is 0. MFTTX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is MFTTX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 3.42%.
10. What is MFTTX beta? How would you assess MFTTX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.76;
- 5-year beta is 1.61;
- 10-year beta is 1.07.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 0. Our quantitative analysis shows 0 reasons to buy and 6 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 0.
13. What are the pros of investing in MFTTX? What are MFTTX buy reasons?
We don't see any strong reasons to buy MFTTX.
14. What are the cons of investing in MFTTX? What are MFTTX negatives?
The following are MFTTX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>MFTTX net assets</strong> are $3.40 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>MFTTX 3-year return</strong> is 0.85%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 13.64%.
- <strong>MFTTX 5-year return</strong> is -2.41%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 14.57%.
- <strong>MFTTX 10-year return</strong> is -1.93%, which is lower than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 14.33%.
- <strong>MFTTX expense ratio</strong> is 2.24%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund.