7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $15/month, without ads. Start a trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about AMG Funds MSSVX mutual fund
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- 10-year return above the benchmark
- Low net assets
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for MSSVX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "MSSVX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on MSSVX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "MSSVX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell MSSVX? Or perhaps you’re looking for MSSVX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this MSSVX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: MSSVX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: MSSVX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in MSSVX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to MSSVX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe AMG Funds I: AMG Frontier Small Cap Growth Fund; Class N Shares (MSSVX).
- What are MSSVX holdings?
- What is MSSVX performance? What are MSSVX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did MSSVX have historically?
- What is MSSVX dividend yield?
- What is MSSVX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is MSSVX expense ratio?
- Does MSSVX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is MSSVX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is MSSVX beta? How would you assess MSSVX risk?
- What is MSSVX Sharpe ratio?
- What is MSSVX Finny Score? MSSVX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in MSSVX? What are MSSVX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in MSSVX? What are MSSVX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe AMG Funds I: AMG Frontier Small Cap Growth Fund; Class N Shares (MSSVX).
The Fund seeks long-term capital appreciation by investing in the stocks of small, rapidly growing US companies, those with market capitalizations less than $2 billion. Normally, the Fund will invest at least 65% of its total assets in these US small cap companies.
2. What are MSSVX top holdings?
MSSVX has 104 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 30.49% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Karyopharm Therapeutics Inc||KPTI||3.49%|
|Guardant Health Inc||GH||3.37%|
|Horizon Therapeutics PLC||HZNP||3.25%|
|Caesars Entertainment Inc||CZR||2.79%|
|Quanta Services Inc||PWR||2.72%|
|Adaptive Biotechnologies Corp||ADPT||2.60%|
|Century Communities Inc||CCS||2.27%|
3. What is MSSVX performance? What are MSSVX historical returns?
MSSVX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 11.82%;
- 3-month return is 34.62%;
- 1-year return is 38.83%;
- 3-year return is 23.40%;
- 5-year return is 19.31%;
- 10-year return is 13.18%.
4. How many up and down years did MSSVX have historically?
In the last 10 years, MSSVX had 8 up years and 2 down years.
5. What is MSSVX dividend yield?
MSSVX yield is 0%.
6. What is MSSVX minimum initial investment amount?
MSSVX minimum initial investment amount is N/A.
7. What is MSSVX expense ratio?
MSSVX expense ratio is 1.3%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does MSSVX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
MSSVX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.25. MSSVX front-end sales load is 0. MSSVX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is MSSVX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 2%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 6.98%.
10. What is MSSVX beta? How would you assess MSSVX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.34;
- 5-year beta is 1.37;
- 10-year beta is 1.30.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 50. Our quantitative analysis shows 3 reasons to buy and 3 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 50.
13. What are the pros of investing in MSSVX? What are MSSVX buy reasons?
The following are MSSVX strengths from our perspective:
- MSSVX 3-year return is 23.4%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 2000 Growth TR USD), 16.37%.
- MSSVX 5-year return is 19.31%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 2000 Growth TR USD), 16.71%.
- MSSVX 10-year return is 13.18%, which is in line with the 10-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 2000 Growth TR USD), 13.43%.
14. What are the cons of investing in MSSVX? What are MSSVX negatives?
The following are MSSVX weaknesses from our perspective:
- MSSVX net assets are $0.40 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- MSSVX expense ratio is 1.3%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund.