Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
14 important things you should know about American Funds NAARX mutual fund
Before we start: if you’re looking for NAARX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "NAARX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on NAARX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "NAARX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell NAARX? Or perhaps you’re looking for NAARX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this NAARX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: NAARX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: NAARX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in NAARX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to NAARX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Funds Retirement Income Portfolio Series: American Funds Retirement Income - Conservative; Class A (NAARX).
- What are NAARX holdings?
- What is NAARX performance? What are NAARX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did NAARX have historically?
- What is NAARX dividend yield?
- What is NAARX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is NAARX expense ratio?
- Does NAARX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is NAARX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is NAARX beta? How would you assess NAARX risk?
- What is NAARX Sharpe ratio?
- What is NAARX Finny Score? NAARX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in NAARX? What are NAARX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in NAARX? What are NAARX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Funds Retirement Income Portfolio Series: American Funds Retirement Income - Conservative; Class A (NAARX).
The Fund seeks current income, long-term growth of capital and conservation of capital, with an emphasis on income and conservation of capital. The Fund is designed for investors who desire a potentially lower level of downside risk in exchange for a potentially lower level of income and growth of capital.
2. What are NAARX top holdings?
NAARX has 0 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 9 holdings represent 100.02% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|American Funds Bond Fund of Amer R6||RBFGX||25.84%|
|American Funds Capital Income Bldr R6||RIRGX||19.42%|
|American Funds Income Fund of Amer R6||RIDGX||14.42%|
|American Funds US Government Sec R6||RGVGX||10.98%|
|American Funds American Balanced R6||RLBGX||9.42%|
|American Funds Mortgage R6||RMAGX||5.50%|
|American Funds Inflation Linked Bd R6||RILFX||5.45%|
|American Funds Global Balanced R6||RGBGX||4.57%|
|American Funds American Mutual R6||RMFGX||4.42%|
3. What is NAARX performance? What are NAARX historical returns?
NAARX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 0.82%;
- 3-month return is -3.98%;
- 1-year return is 4.15%;
- 3-year return is 4.11%.
4. How many up and down years did NAARX have historically?
In the last 10 years, NAARX had 9 up years and 1 down year.
5. What is NAARX dividend yield?
NAARX yield is 2.58%.
6. What is NAARX minimum initial investment amount?
NAARX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
7. What is NAARX expense ratio?
NAARX expense ratio is 0.65%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does NAARX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
NAARX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.3. NAARX front-end sales load is 5.75. NAARX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is NAARX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 1.23%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.98%.
10. What is NAARX beta? How would you assess NAARX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.52.
12. What is NAARX Finny Score? NAARX buy or sell?
NAARX Finny Score is 40. Our quantitative analysis shows 2 reasons to buy NAARX and 3 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 40.
13. What are the pros of investing in NAARX? What are NAARX buy reasons?
The following are NAARX strengths from our perspective:
- NAARX 3-year return is 4.11%, which is in line with the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P Target Date Retirement Income TR USD), 4.37%.
- NAARX 3-year Beta is 0.52, which is inversely correlated with the index (Morningstar Mod Tgt Risk TR USD). The could be good if you're trying to hedge your portfolio.
14. What are the cons of investing in NAARX? What are NAARX negatives?
The following are NAARX weaknesses from our perspective:
- NAARX net assets are $569.00 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.3%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 5.75%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.
- NAARX expense ratio is 0.65%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?