Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
14 important things you should know about American Funds NBARX mutual fund
Before we start: if you’re looking for NBARX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "NBARX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on NBARX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "NBARX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell NBARX? Or perhaps you’re looking for NBARX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this NBARX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: NBARX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: NBARX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in NBARX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to NBARX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Funds Retirement Income Portfolio Series: American Funds Retirement Income - Moderate; Class A (NBARX).
- What are NBARX holdings?
- What is NBARX performance? What are NBARX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did NBARX have historically?
- What is NBARX dividend yield?
- What is NBARX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is NBARX expense ratio?
- Does NBARX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is NBARX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is NBARX beta? How would you assess NBARX risk?
- What is NBARX Sharpe ratio?
- What is NBARX Finny Score? NBARX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in NBARX? What are NBARX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in NBARX? What are NBARX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Funds Retirement Income Portfolio Series: American Funds Retirement Income - Moderate; Class A (NBARX).
The Fund seeks current income, long-term growth of capital and conservation of capital. The Fund is designed for investors who desire a balanced approach to downside risk, income and growth of capital. It is intended primarily for investors who are already in retirement or plan to retire in the near future.
2. What are NBARX top holdings?
NBARX has 0 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 9 holdings represent 100.03% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|American Funds Capital Income Bldr R6||RIRGX||24.37%|
|American Funds Income Fund of Amer R6||RIDGX||24.27%|
|American Funds American Balanced R6||RLBGX||14.59%|
|American Funds Bond Fund of Amer R6||RBFGX||10.53%|
|American Funds Mortgage R6||RMAGX||5.65%|
|American Funds US Government Sec R6||RGVGX||5.65%|
|American Funds Inflation Linked Bd R6||RILFX||5.60%|
|American Funds Global Balanced R6||RGBGX||4.84%|
|American Funds American Mutual R6||RMFGX||4.53%|
3. What is NBARX performance? What are NBARX historical returns?
NBARX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 0.92%;
- 3-month return is -7.08%;
- 1-year return is 1.81%;
- 3-year return is 3.76%.
4. How many up and down years did NBARX have historically?
In the last 10 years, NBARX had 9 up years and 1 down year.
5. What is NBARX dividend yield?
NBARX yield is 2.66%.
6. What is NBARX minimum initial investment amount?
NBARX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
7. What is NBARX expense ratio?
NBARX expense ratio is 0.6%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does NBARX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
NBARX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.3. NBARX front-end sales load is 5.75. NBARX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is NBARX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 1.4%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 1.07%.
10. What is NBARX beta? How would you assess NBARX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.74.
12. What is NBARX Finny Score? NBARX buy or sell?
NBARX Finny Score is 20. Our quantitative analysis shows 1 reason to buy NBARX and 4 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 20.
13. What are the pros of investing in NBARX? What are NBARX buy reasons?
The following are NBARX strengths from our perspective:
- NBARX 3-year Beta is 0.74, which is inversely correlated with the index (Morningstar Mod Tgt Risk TR USD). The could be good if you're trying to hedge your portfolio.
14. What are the cons of investing in NBARX? What are NBARX negatives?
The following are NBARX weaknesses from our perspective:
- NBARX net assets are $850.40 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- NBARX 3-year return is 3.76%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P Target Date Retirement Income TR USD), 4.37%.
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.3%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 5.75%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.
- NBARX expense ratio is 0.6%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?