Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
10 important things you should know about American Funds NBARX mutual fund
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for NBARX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "NBARX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on NBARX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "NBARX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell NBARX? Or perhaps you’re looking for NBARX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this NBARX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: NBARX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: NBARX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in NBARX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to NBARX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Funds Retirement Income Portfolio Series: American Funds Retirement Income - Moderate; Class A (NBARX).
- What are NBARX holdings?
- What is NBARX performance? What are NBARX historical returns?
- What is NBARX dividend yield?
- What is NBARX minimum initial investment amount?
- Does NBARX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is NBARX Finny Score? NBARX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in NBARX? What are NBARX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in NBARX? What are NBARX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Funds Retirement Income Portfolio Series: American Funds Retirement Income - Moderate; Class A (NBARX).
The Fund seeks current income, long-term growth of capital and conservation of capital. The Fund is designed for investors who desire a balanced approach to downside risk, income and growth of capital. It is intended primarily for investors who are already in retirement or plan to retire in the near future.
2. What are NBARX top holdings?
NBARX has 0 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 9 holdings represent 100.02% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|American Funds Capital Income Bldr R6||RIRGX||25.00%|
|American Funds Income Fund of Amer R6||RIDGX||25.00%|
|American Funds American Balanced R6||RLBGX||15.01%|
|American Funds Bond Fund of Amer R6||RBFGX||10.01%|
|American Funds Inflation Linked Bd R6||RILFX||5.01%|
|American Funds Mortgage R6||RMAGX||5.01%|
|American Funds US Government Sec R6||RGVGX||5.01%|
|American Funds American Mutual R6||RMFGX||5.00%|
|American Funds Global Balanced R6||RGBGX||4.97%|
3. What is NBARX performance? What are NBARX historical returns?
NBARX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is -1.36%;
- 3-month return is 0.56%;
- 1-year return is 0.56%;
- 3-year return is 8.87%;
- 5-year return is 7.59%.
4. What is NBARX dividend yield?
NBARX yield is 2.58%.
5. What is NBARX minimum initial investment amount?
NBARX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
6. Does NBARX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
NBARX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.3. NBARX front-end sales load is 5.75. NBARX back-end sales load is 0.
7. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is N/A. Our quantitative analysis shows 2 reasons to buy and 1 reason to sell. Finny Scores are not available if there are insufficient data points from the analysis.
8. What are the pros of investing in NBARX? What are NBARX buy reasons?
The following are NBARX strengths from our perspective:
- NBARX 3-year return is 8.87%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P Target Date Retirement Income TR USD), 7.33%.
- NBARX 5-year return is 7.59%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P Target Date Retirement Income TR USD), 6.07%.
9. What are the cons of investing in NBARX? What are NBARX negatives?
The following are NBARX weaknesses from our perspective:
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.3%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 5.75%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.