7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $15 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about American Funds NBCRX mutual fund
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for NBCRX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "NBCRX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on NBCRX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "NBCRX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell NBCRX? Or perhaps you’re looking for NBCRX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this NBCRX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: NBCRX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: NBCRX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in NBCRX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to NBCRX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Funds Retirement Income Portfolio Series: American Funds Retirement Income - Moderate; Class C (NBCRX).
- What are NBCRX holdings?
- What is NBCRX performance? What are NBCRX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did NBCRX have historically?
- What is NBCRX dividend yield?
- What is NBCRX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is NBCRX expense ratio?
- Does NBCRX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is NBCRX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is NBCRX beta? How would you assess NBCRX risk?
- What is NBCRX Sharpe ratio?
- What is NBCRX Finny Score? NBCRX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in NBCRX? What are NBCRX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in NBCRX? What are NBCRX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Funds Retirement Income Portfolio Series: American Funds Retirement Income - Moderate; Class C (NBCRX).
The Fund seeks current income, long-term growth of capital and conservation of capital. The Fund is designed for investors who desire a balanced approach to downside risk, income and growth of capital. It is intended primarily for investors who are already in retirement or plan to retire in the near future.
2. What are NBCRX top holdings?
NBCRX has 0 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 9 holdings represent 100.02% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|American Funds Capital Income Bldr R6||RIRGX||25.01%|
|American Funds Income Fund of Amer R6||RIDGX||25.01%|
|American Funds American Balanced R6||RLBGX||15.01%|
|American Funds Bond Fund of Amer R6||RBFGX||10.00%|
|American Funds American Mutual R6||RMFGX||5.01%|
|American Funds Inflation Linked Bd R6||RILFX||5.00%|
|American Funds Mortgage R6||RMAGX||5.00%|
|American Funds US Government Sec R6||RGVGX||5.00%|
|American Funds Global Balanced R6||RGBGX||4.98%|
3. What is NBCRX performance? What are NBCRX historical returns?
NBCRX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 0.77%;
- 3-month return is 1.65%;
- 1-year return is 5.21%;
- 3-year return is 4.48%;
- 5-year return is 5.56%.
4. How many up and down years did NBCRX have historically?
In the last 10 years, NBCRX had 9 up years and 1 down year.
5. What is NBCRX dividend yield?
NBCRX yield is 2%.
6. What is NBCRX minimum initial investment amount?
NBCRX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
7. What is NBCRX expense ratio?
NBCRX expense ratio is 1.33%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does NBCRX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
NBCRX 12b-1 distribution fee is 1. NBCRX front-end sales load is 0. NBCRX back-end sales load is 1.
9. What is NBCRX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 1.02%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.81%.
10. What is NBCRX beta? How would you assess NBCRX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.74;
- 5-year beta is 0.75.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 20. Our quantitative analysis shows 1 reason to buy and 4 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 20.
13. What are the pros of investing in NBCRX? What are NBCRX buy reasons?
The following are NBCRX strengths from our perspective:
- <strong>NBCRX 5-year return</strong> is 5.56%, which is in line with the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P Target Date Retirement Income TR USD), 5.77%.
14. What are the cons of investing in NBCRX? What are NBCRX negatives?
The following are NBCRX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>NBCRX net assets</strong> are $93.10 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>NBCRX 3-year return</strong> is 4.48%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P Target Date Retirement Income TR USD), 5.76%.
- <strong>NBCRX expense ratio</strong> is 1.33%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and deferred sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 1%, while the maximum deferred sales load is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Deferred sales load is a back-end sales charge and is imposed when an investor redeems shares.