7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about American Funds NDARX mutual fund
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for NDARX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "NDARX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on NDARX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "NDARX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell NDARX? Or perhaps you’re looking for NDARX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this NDARX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: NDARX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: NDARX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in NDARX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to NDARX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Funds Retirement Income Portfolio Series: American Funds Retirement Income - Enhanced; Class A (NDARX).
- What are NDARX holdings?
- What is NDARX performance? What are NDARX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did NDARX have historically?
- What is NDARX dividend yield?
- What is NDARX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is NDARX expense ratio?
- Does NDARX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is NDARX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is NDARX beta? How would you assess NDARX risk?
- What is NDARX Sharpe ratio?
- What is NDARX Finny Score? NDARX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in NDARX? What are NDARX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in NDARX? What are NDARX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Funds Retirement Income Portfolio Series: American Funds Retirement Income - Enhanced; Class A (NDARX).
The Fund seeks current income, long-term growth of capital and conservation of capital, with an emphasis on income and growth of capital. The Enhanced Fund is designed for investors who desire a potentially higher level of income and growth of capital in exchange for potentially greater downside risk.
2. What are NDARX top holdings?
NDARX has 0 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 8 holdings represent 100.04% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|American Funds Capital Income Bldr R6||RIRGX||24.99%|
|American Funds Income Fund of Amer R6||RIDGX||24.99%|
|American Funds American Balanced R6||RLBGX||20.01%|
|American Funds Global Balanced R6||RGBGX||9.99%|
|American Funds AMCAP R6||RAFGX||5.05%|
|American Funds American Mutual R6||RMFGX||5.03%|
|American Funds American High-Inc R6||RITGX||4.99%|
|American Funds Inflation Linked Bd R6||RILFX||4.99%|
3. What is NDARX performance? What are NDARX historical returns?
NDARX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 1.52%;
- 3-month return is 1.52%;
- 1-year return is 3.56%;
- 3-year return is 4.57%;
- 5-year return is 6.04%.
4. How many up and down years did NDARX have historically?
In the last 10 years, NDARX had 9 up years and 1 down year.
5. What is NDARX dividend yield?
NDARX yield is 2.7%.
6. What is NDARX minimum initial investment amount?
NDARX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
7. What is NDARX expense ratio?
NDARX expense ratio is 0.65%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does NDARX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
NDARX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.3. NDARX front-end sales load is 5.75. NDARX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is NDARX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 1.32%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 1.03%.
10. What is NDARX beta? How would you assess NDARX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.95.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 20. Our quantitative analysis shows 1 reason to buy and 4 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 20.
13. What are the pros of investing in NDARX? What are NDARX buy reasons?
The following are NDARX strengths from our perspective:
- <strong>NDARX 5-year return</strong> is 6.04%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P Target Date Retirement Income TR USD), 5.31%.
14. What are the cons of investing in NDARX? What are NDARX negatives?
The following are NDARX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>NDARX net assets</strong> are $859.40 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>NDARX 3-year return</strong> is 4.57%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P Target Date Retirement Income TR USD), 5.46%.
- <strong>NDARX expense ratio</strong> is 0.65%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.3%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 5.75%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.