Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
10 important things you should know about American Funds NDCRX mutual fund
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- Low net assets
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for NDCRX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "NDCRX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on NDCRX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "NDCRX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell NDCRX? Or perhaps you’re looking for NDCRX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this NDCRX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: NDCRX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: NDCRX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in NDCRX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to NDCRX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Funds Retirement Income Portfolio Series: American Funds Retirement Income - Enhanced; Class C (NDCRX).
- What are NDCRX holdings?
- What is NDCRX performance? What are NDCRX historical returns?
- What is NDCRX dividend yield?
- What is NDCRX minimum initial investment amount?
- Does NDCRX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is NDCRX Finny Score? NDCRX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in NDCRX? What are NDCRX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in NDCRX? What are NDCRX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Funds Retirement Income Portfolio Series: American Funds Retirement Income - Enhanced; Class C (NDCRX).
The Fund seeks current income, long-term growth of capital and conservation of capital, with an emphasis on income and growth of capital. The Enhanced Fund is designed for investors who desire a potentially higher level of income and growth of capital in exchange for potentially greater downside risk.
2. What are NDCRX top holdings?
NDCRX has 0 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 8 holdings represent 100.03% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|American Funds Income Fund of Amer R6||RIDGX||24.98%|
|American Funds Capital Income Bldr R6||RIRGX||24.96%|
|American Funds American Balanced R6||RLBGX||20.01%|
|American Funds Global Balanced R6||RGBGX||9.99%|
|American Funds American High-Inc R6||RITGX||5.05%|
|American Funds AMCAP R6||RAFGX||5.03%|
|American Funds American Mutual R6||RMFGX||5.01%|
|American Funds Inflation Linked Bd R6||RILFX||5.00%|
3. What is NDCRX performance? What are NDCRX historical returns?
NDCRX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is -1.68%;
- 3-month return is 0.57%;
- 1-year return is 0.57%;
- 3-year return is 8.81%;
- 5-year return is 7.94%.
4. What is NDCRX dividend yield?
NDCRX yield is 1.59%.
5. What is NDCRX minimum initial investment amount?
NDCRX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
6. Does NDCRX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
NDCRX 12b-1 distribution fee is 1. NDCRX front-end sales load is 0. NDCRX back-end sales load is 1.
7. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 40. Our quantitative analysis shows 2 reasons to buy and 3 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 40.
8. What are the pros of investing in NDCRX? What are NDCRX buy reasons?
The following are NDCRX strengths from our perspective:
- NDCRX 3-year return is 8.81%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P Target Date Retirement Income TR USD), 7.33%.
- NDCRX 5-year return is 7.94%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P Target Date Retirement Income TR USD), 6.07%.
9. What are the cons of investing in NDCRX? What are NDCRX negatives?
The following are NDCRX weaknesses from our perspective:
- NDCRX net assets are $100.30 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- NDCRX expense ratio is 1.05%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and deferred sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 1%, while the maximum deferred sales load is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Deferred sales load is a back-end sales charge and is imposed when an investor redeems shares.