7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $15/month, without ads. Start a trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about American Funds NGCRX mutual fund
- No Bull case arguments for now!
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for NGCRX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "NGCRX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on NGCRX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "NGCRX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell NGCRX? Or perhaps you’re looking for NGCRX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this NGCRX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: NGCRX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: NGCRX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in NGCRX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to NGCRX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Funds Retirement Income Portfolio Series: American Funds Retirement Income - Conservative; Class C (NGCRX).
- What are NGCRX holdings?
- What is NGCRX performance? What are NGCRX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did NGCRX have historically?
- What is NGCRX dividend yield?
- What is NGCRX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is NGCRX expense ratio?
- Does NGCRX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is NGCRX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is NGCRX beta? How would you assess NGCRX risk?
- What is NGCRX Sharpe ratio?
- What is NGCRX Finny Score? NGCRX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in NGCRX? What are NGCRX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in NGCRX? What are NGCRX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Funds Retirement Income Portfolio Series: American Funds Retirement Income - Conservative; Class C (NGCRX).
The Fund seeks current income, long-term growth of capital and conservation of capital, with an emphasis on income and conservation of capital. The Fund is designed for investors who desire a potentially lower level of downside risk in exchange for a potentially lower level of income and growth of capital.
2. What are NGCRX top holdings?
NGCRX has 0 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 9 holdings represent 100.02% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|American Funds Bond Fund of Amer R6||RBFGX||25.01%|
|American Funds Capital Income Bldr R6||RIRGX||20.01%|
|American Funds Income Fund of Amer R6||RIDGX||15.00%|
|American Funds American Balanced R6||RLBGX||10.00%|
|American Funds US Government Sec R6||RGVGX||10.00%|
|American Funds American Mutual R6||RMFGX||5.00%|
|American Funds Global Balanced R6||RGBGX||5.00%|
|American Funds Inflation Linked Bd R6||RILFX||5.00%|
|American Funds Mortgage R6||RMAGX||5.00%|
3. What is NGCRX performance? What are NGCRX historical returns?
NGCRX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 1.18%;
- 3-month return is 4.58%;
- 1-year return is 6.98%;
- 3-year return is 5.11%;
- 5-year return is 5.75%.
4. How many up and down years did NGCRX have historically?
In the last 10 years, NGCRX had 9 up years and 1 down year.
5. What is NGCRX dividend yield?
NGCRX yield is 1.76%.
6. What is NGCRX minimum initial investment amount?
NGCRX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
7. What is NGCRX expense ratio?
NGCRX expense ratio is 1.08%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does NGCRX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
NGCRX 12b-1 distribution fee is 1. NGCRX front-end sales load is 0. NGCRX back-end sales load is 1.
9. What is NGCRX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.86%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.72%.
10. What is NGCRX beta? How would you assess NGCRX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.54;
- 5-year beta is 0.55.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 0. Our quantitative analysis shows 0 reasons to buy and 5 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 0.
13. What are the pros of investing in NGCRX? What are NGCRX buy reasons?
We don't see any strong reasons to buy NGCRX.
14. What are the cons of investing in NGCRX? What are NGCRX negatives?
The following are NGCRX weaknesses from our perspective:
- NGCRX net assets are $117.80 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- NGCRX 3-year return is 5.11%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P Target Date Retirement Income TR USD), 6.19%.
- NGCRX 5-year return is 5.75%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P Target Date Retirement Income TR USD), 6.42%.
- NGCRX expense ratio is 1.08%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and deferred sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 1%, while the maximum deferred sales load is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Deferred sales load is a back-end sales charge and is imposed when an investor redeems shares.