7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about American Funds NYACX mutual fund
- No Bull case arguments for now!
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for NYACX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "NYACX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on NYACX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "NYACX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell NYACX? Or perhaps you’re looking for NYACX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this NYACX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: NYACX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: NYACX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in NYACX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to NYACX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Funds Tax-Exempt Fund of New York; Class C Shares (NYACX).
- What are NYACX holdings?
- What is NYACX performance? What are NYACX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did NYACX have historically?
- What is NYACX dividend yield?
- What is NYACX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is NYACX expense ratio?
- Does NYACX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is NYACX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is NYACX beta? How would you assess NYACX risk?
- What is NYACX Sharpe ratio?
- What is NYACX Finny Score? NYACX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in NYACX? What are NYACX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in NYACX? What are NYACX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Funds Tax-Exempt Fund of New York; Class C Shares (NYACX).
The Fund seeks high level of current income exempt from regular federal, New York state and New York City income taxes and preservation of capital. The fund will invest at least 80% of its assets in, or income from, securities that are exempt from regular federal, New York state and New York City income taxes.
2. What are NYACX top holdings?
NYACX has 0 stock holdings and 288 bond holdings.
The top 9 holdings represent 10.96% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|SYRACUSE N Y INDL DEV AGY CIVIC FAC REV 0%||N/A||2.68%|
|LONG IS PWR AUTH N Y ELEC SYS REV 5%||N/A||1.31%|
|HUDSON YDS INFRASTRUCTURE CORP N Y SECOND INDENTURE REV 5%||N/A||1.14%|
|NEW YORK N Y CITY TRANSITIONAL FIN AUTH REV 4%||N/A||1.13%|
|NEW YORK ST DORM AUTH REVS NON ST SUPPORTED DEBT||N/A||1.12%|
|NEW YORK N Y CITY TRANSITIONAL FIN AUTH REV 5%||N/A||1.02%|
|NEW YORK ST DORM AUTH SALES TAX REV ST SUPPORTED DEBT 5%||N/A||0.97%|
|NEW YORK ST DORM AUTH ST PERS INCOME TAX REV 5%||N/A||0.81%|
|NEW YORK N Y 4%||N/A||0.78%|
3. What is NYACX performance? What are NYACX historical returns?
NYACX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is -0.60%;
- 3-month return is -0.96%;
- 1-year return is 0.72%;
- 3-year return is 2.11%;
- 5-year return is 2.12%.
4. How many up and down years did NYACX have historically?
In the last 10 years, NYACX had 7 up years and 3 down years.
5. What is NYACX dividend yield?
NYACX yield is 1.64%.
6. What is NYACX minimum initial investment amount?
NYACX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
7. What is NYACX expense ratio?
NYACX expense ratio is 1.38%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does NYACX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
NYACX 12b-1 distribution fee is 1. NYACX front-end sales load is 0. NYACX back-end sales load is 1.
9. What is NYACX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0%.
10. What is NYACX beta? How would you assess NYACX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.14;
- 5-year beta is 1.08.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 0. Our quantitative analysis shows 0 reasons to buy and 5 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 0.
13. What are the pros of investing in NYACX? What are NYACX buy reasons?
We don't see any strong reasons to buy NYACX.
14. What are the cons of investing in NYACX? What are NYACX negatives?
The following are NYACX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>NYACX net assets</strong> are $9.90 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>NYACX 3-year return</strong> is 2.11%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg Barclays Municipal New York Exempt TR USD), 3.37%.
- <strong>NYACX 5-year return</strong> is 2.12%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg Barclays Municipal New York Exempt TR USD), 3.23%.
- <strong>NYACX expense ratio</strong> is 1.38%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and deferred sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 1%, while the maximum deferred sales load is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Deferred sales load is a back-end sales charge and is imposed when an investor redeems shares.