Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
15 important things you should know about Advisors Preferred OTRFX mutual fund
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- No sales load or distribution fees
- Low net assets
- High expense ratio
Before we start: if you’re looking for OTRFX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "OTRFX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on OTRFX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "OTRFX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell OTRFX? Or perhaps you’re looking for OTRFX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this OTRFX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: OTRFX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: OTRFX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in OTRFX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to OTRFX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Advisors Preferred Trust: OnTrack Core Fund; Investor Class Shares (OTRFX).
- What are OTRFX holdings?
- What is OTRFX performance? What are OTRFX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did OTRFX have historically?
- What is OTRFX dividend yield?
- What is OTRFX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is OTRFX expense ratio?
- Does OTRFX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is OTRFX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is OTRFX beta? How would you assess OTRFX risk?
- What is OTRFX Sharpe ratio?
- What is OTRFX Finny Score? OTRFX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in OTRFX? What are OTRFX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in OTRFX? What are OTRFX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Advisors Preferred Trust: OnTrack Core Fund; Investor Class Shares (OTRFX).
The Fund seeks total return while keeping the Fund's volatility and downside risk below that of major equity market indices. The Fund will use a flexible investment approach that emphasizes capital preservation, but allows the portfolio managers to adopt a less conservative posture and to increase on capital appreciation.
2. What are OTRFX top holdings?
OTRFX has 32 stock holdings and 1 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 48.61% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Pimco Prefer & Cap||N/A||15.65%|
|Braddock Multi-Strategy Income Instl||BDKNX||10.15%|
|Destra Flaherty & Crumrine Pref & Inc I||DPIIX||5.10%|
|Western Asset High Income Opp||HIO||0.37%|
|BlackRock Corp High Yield||HYT||0.36%|
|BlackRock Debt Strategies Fund||DSU||0.36%|
|Wells Fargo Inc Opp||EAD||0.36%|
|Western Asset Global High Inc||EHI||0.36%|
|Western Asset High Inc Fund II||HIX||0.36%|
3. What is OTRFX performance? What are OTRFX historical returns?
OTRFX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 1.12%;
- 3-month return is 8.06%;
- 1-year return is 21.63%;
- 3-year return is 7.83%;
- 5-year return is 7.24%.
4. How many up and down years did OTRFX have historically?
In the last 10 years, OTRFX had 8 up years and 2 down years. See Performances
5. What is OTRFX dividend yield?
OTRFX yield is 1.38%.
6. What is OTRFX minimum initial investment amount?
OTRFX minimum initial investment amount is N/A.
7. What is OTRFX expense ratio?
OTRFX expense ratio is 3.35%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses. See Expenses
8. Does OTRFX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
OTRFX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. OTRFX front-end sales load is 0. OTRFX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is OTRFX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.56%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 1.48%.
10. What is OTRFX beta? How would you assess OTRFX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.44;
- 5-year beta is 0.40.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 60. Our quantitative analysis shows 3 reasons to buy and 2 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 60.
13. What are the pros of investing in OTRFX? What are OTRFX buy reasons?
The following are OTRFX strengths from our perspective:
- <strong>OTRFX 3-year return</strong> is 7.83%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg Barclays US Treasury Bill 1-3 Mon TR USD), 1.63%.
- <strong>OTRFX 5-year return</strong> is 7.24%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg Barclays US Treasury Bill 1-3 Mon TR USD), 1.12%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
14. What are the cons of investing in OTRFX? What are OTRFX negatives?
The following are OTRFX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>OTRFX net assets</strong> are $23.60 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>OTRFX expense ratio</strong> is 3.35%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?