Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
15 important things you should know about Poplar Forest Capital PFPFX mutual fund
- No Bull case arguments for now!
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- 10-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for PFPFX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "PFPFX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on PFPFX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "PFPFX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell PFPFX? Or perhaps you’re looking for PFPFX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this PFPFX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: PFPFX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: PFPFX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in PFPFX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to PFPFX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Advisors Series Trust: Poplar Forest Partners Fund; Class A Shares (PFPFX).
- What are PFPFX holdings?
- What is PFPFX performance? What are PFPFX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did PFPFX have historically?
- What is PFPFX dividend yield?
- What is PFPFX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is PFPFX expense ratio?
- Does PFPFX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is PFPFX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is PFPFX beta? How would you assess PFPFX risk?
- What is PFPFX Sharpe ratio?
- What is PFPFX Finny Score? PFPFX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in PFPFX? What are PFPFX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in PFPFX? What are PFPFX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Advisors Series Trust: Poplar Forest Partners Fund; Class A Shares (PFPFX).
The Fund seeks long-term growth of capital. The Fund invests primarily in the common stocks of underappreciated companies and industries. The Fund will generally focus on 25 to 35 companies with market capitalizations among the top 1,000 companies in the United States.
2. What are PFPFX top holdings?
PFPFX has 30 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 44.65% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Advance Auto Parts Inc||AAP||5.79%|
|CVS Health Corp||CVS||4.51%|
|International Business Machines Corp||IBM||4.47%|
|Merck & Co Inc||MRK||4.43%|
|E*TRADE Financial Corp||N/A||4.19%|
|Equitable Holdings Inc||EQH||4.11%|
|American International Group Inc||AIG||3.97%|
3. What is PFPFX performance? What are PFPFX historical returns?
PFPFX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 5.33%;
- 3-month return is 21.00%;
- 1-year return is -3.27%;
- 3-year return is -1.57%;
- 5-year return is 5.42%;
- 10-year return is 7.81%.
4. How many up and down years did PFPFX have historically?
In the last 10 years, PFPFX had 7 up years and 3 down years.
5. What is PFPFX dividend yield?
PFPFX yield is 1.46%.
6. What is PFPFX minimum initial investment amount?
PFPFX minimum initial investment amount is $25.00K.
7. What is PFPFX expense ratio?
PFPFX expense ratio is 1.25%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does PFPFX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
PFPFX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.25. PFPFX front-end sales load is 5. PFPFX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is PFPFX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.57%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 1.49%.
10. What is PFPFX beta? How would you assess PFPFX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.22;
- 5-year beta is 1.24;
- 10-year beta is 1.23.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 0. Our quantitative analysis shows 0 reasons to buy and 6 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 0.
13. What are the pros of investing in PFPFX? What are PFPFX buy reasons?
We don't see any strong reasons to buy PFPFX.
14. What are the cons of investing in PFPFX? What are PFPFX negatives?
The following are PFPFX weaknesses from our perspective:
- PFPFX net assets are $18.50 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- PFPFX 3-year return is -1.57%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 13.4%.
- PFPFX 5-year return is 5.42%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 15.1%.
- PFPFX 10-year return is 7.81%, which is lower than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 13.73%.
- PFPFX expense ratio is 1.25%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 5%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.