Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
15 important things you should know about American Funds PGGAX mutual fund
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for PGGAX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "PGGAX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on PGGAX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "PGGAX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell PGGAX? Or perhaps you’re looking for PGGAX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this PGGAX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: PGGAX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: PGGAX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in PGGAX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to PGGAX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Funds Portfolio Series: American Funds Global Growth Portfolio; Class A Shares (PGGAX).
- What are PGGAX holdings?
- What is PGGAX performance? What are PGGAX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did PGGAX have historically?
- What is PGGAX dividend yield?
- What is PGGAX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is PGGAX expense ratio?
- Does PGGAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is PGGAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is PGGAX beta? How would you assess PGGAX risk?
- What is PGGAX Sharpe ratio?
- What is PGGAX Finny Score? PGGAX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in PGGAX? What are PGGAX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in PGGAX? What are PGGAX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Funds Portfolio Series: American Funds Global Growth Portfolio; Class A Shares (PGGAX).
The Fund seeks to provide long term growth of capital. The Fund will typically have significant exposure to issuers domiciled outside the United States. The Fund will consist of growth funds. The Fund may also have exposure to small capitalization issuers and issuers domiciled in emerging markets.
2. What are PGGAX top holdings?
PGGAX has 0 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 6 holdings represent 100.04% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|American Funds New Perspective R6||RNPGX||25.16%|
|American Funds Capital World Gr&Inc R6||RWIGX||19.74%|
|American Funds Growth Fund of Amer R6||RGAGX||15.19%|
|American Funds New Economy R6||RNGGX||15.06%|
|American Funds Europacific Growth R6||RERGX||14.81%|
|American Funds SMALLCAP World R6||RLLGX||10.08%|
3. What is PGGAX performance? What are PGGAX historical returns?
PGGAX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 5.16%;
- 3-month return is 18.01%;
- 1-year return is 18.01%;
- 3-year return is 12.94%;
- 5-year return is 17.58%.
4. How many up and down years did PGGAX have historically?
In the last 10 years, PGGAX had 8 up years and 1 down year.
5. What is PGGAX dividend yield?
PGGAX yield is 0.26%.
6. What is PGGAX minimum initial investment amount?
PGGAX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
7. What is PGGAX expense ratio?
PGGAX expense ratio is 0.38%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does PGGAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
PGGAX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.25. PGGAX front-end sales load is 5.75. PGGAX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is PGGAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.23%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.88%.
10. What is PGGAX beta? How would you assess PGGAX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.03;
- 5-year beta is 0.98.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is N/A. Our quantitative analysis shows 2 reasons to buy and 1 reason to sell. Finny Scores are not available if there are insufficient data points from the analysis.
13. What are the pros of investing in PGGAX? What are PGGAX buy reasons?
The following are PGGAX strengths from our perspective:
- PGGAX 3-year return is 12.94%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI NR USD), 8.95%.
- PGGAX 5-year return is 17.58%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI NR USD), 15.07%.
14. What are the cons of investing in PGGAX? What are PGGAX negatives?
The following are PGGAX weaknesses from our perspective:
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 5.75%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.