Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
10 important things you should know about American Funds PPVCX mutual fund
- No Bull case arguments for now!
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for PPVCX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "PPVCX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on PPVCX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "PPVCX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell PPVCX? Or perhaps you’re looking for PPVCX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this PPVCX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: PPVCX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: PPVCX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in PPVCX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to PPVCX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Funds Portfolio Series: American Funds Preservation Portfolio; Class C Shares (PPVCX).
- What are PPVCX holdings?
- What is PPVCX performance? What are PPVCX historical returns?
- What is PPVCX dividend yield?
- What is PPVCX minimum initial investment amount?
- Does PPVCX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is PPVCX Finny Score? PPVCX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in PPVCX? What are PPVCX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in PPVCX? What are PPVCX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Funds Portfolio Series: American Funds Preservation Portfolio; Class C Shares (PPVCX).
The Fund seeks current income, consistent with preservation of capital. The Fund principally invests through bond investment with exposure to higher quality bonds with intermediate to short term durations. The Fund may, however, invest in underlying funds with exposure to lower quality, higher yielding securities.
2. What are PPVCX top holdings?
PPVCX has 0 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 2 holdings represent 100.02% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|American Funds Interm Bd Fd of Amer R6||RBOGX||60.01%|
|American Funds ST Bd Fd of Amer R6||RMMGX||40.01%|
3. What is PPVCX performance? What are PPVCX historical returns?
PPVCX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is -0.28%;
- 3-month return is -0.25%;
- 1-year return is -0.25%;
- 3-year return is 2.87%;
- 5-year return is 1.27%.
4. What is PPVCX dividend yield?
PPVCX yield is 1.2%.
5. What is PPVCX minimum initial investment amount?
PPVCX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
6. Does PPVCX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
PPVCX 12b-1 distribution fee is 1. PPVCX front-end sales load is 0. PPVCX back-end sales load is 1.
7. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 0. Our quantitative analysis shows 0 reasons to buy and 5 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 0.
8. What are the pros of investing in PPVCX? What are PPVCX buy reasons?
We don't see any strong reasons to buy PPVCX.
9. What are the cons of investing in PPVCX? What are PPVCX negatives?
The following are PPVCX weaknesses from our perspective:
- PPVCX net assets are $144.20 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- PPVCX 3-year return is 2.87%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg US Government/Credit A+ 1-5 Yr TR USD), 3.48%.
- PPVCX 5-year return is 1.27%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg US Government/Credit A+ 1-5 Yr TR USD), 2.03%.
- PPVCX expense ratio is 1.09%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and deferred sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 1%, while the maximum deferred sales load is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Deferred sales load is a back-end sales charge and is imposed when an investor redeems shares.