Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
15 important things you should know about Pzena PZVMX mutual fund
- No Bull case arguments for now!
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for PZVMX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "PZVMX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on PZVMX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "PZVMX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell PZVMX? Or perhaps you’re looking for PZVMX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this PZVMX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: PZVMX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: PZVMX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in PZVMX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to PZVMX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Advisors Series Trust: Pzena Mid Cap Value Fund; Investor Class Shares (PZVMX).
- What are PZVMX holdings?
- What is PZVMX performance? What are PZVMX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did PZVMX have historically?
- What is PZVMX dividend yield?
- What is PZVMX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is PZVMX expense ratio?
- Does PZVMX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is PZVMX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is PZVMX beta? How would you assess PZVMX risk?
- What is PZVMX Sharpe ratio?
- What is PZVMX Finny Score? PZVMX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in PZVMX? What are PZVMX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in PZVMX? What are PZVMX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Advisors Series Trust: Pzena Mid Cap Value Fund; Investor Class Shares (PZVMX).
The Fund seeks to achieve long-term capital appreciation. The Fund invests at least 80% of its net assets in stocks of mid-cap companies and it will generally consist of 30 to 40 stocks identified through a research-driven, bottom-up security selection process based on thorough fundamental research.
2. What are PZVMX top holdings?
PZVMX has 42 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 35.54% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|CNO Financial Group Inc||CNO||4.44%|
|Equitable Holdings Inc||EQH||3.52%|
|Westinghouse Air Brake Technologies Corp||WAB||3.43%|
|Newell Brands Inc||NWL||3.38%|
|Axis Capital Holdings Ltd||AXS||3.36%|
|Voya Financial Inc||VOYA||3.35%|
|JELD-WEN Holding Inc||JELD||3.24%|
|Ryder System Inc||R||3.14%|
3. What is PZVMX performance? What are PZVMX historical returns?
PZVMX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 6.90%;
- 3-month return is 3.64%;
- 1-year return is -2.91%;
- 3-year return is -2.42%;
- 5-year return is 4.05%.
4. How many up and down years did PZVMX have historically?
In the last 10 years, PZVMX had 8 up years and 2 down years. See Performances
5. What is PZVMX dividend yield?
PZVMX yield is 0.46%.
6. What is PZVMX minimum initial investment amount?
PZVMX minimum initial investment amount is N/A.
7. What is PZVMX expense ratio?
PZVMX expense ratio is 1.26%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses. See Expenses
8. Does PZVMX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
PZVMX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.25. PZVMX front-end sales load is 0. PZVMX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is PZVMX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.29%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.55%.
10. What is PZVMX beta? How would you assess PZVMX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.60;
- 5-year beta is 1.53.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 0. Our quantitative analysis shows 0 reasons to buy and 5 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 0.
13. What are the pros of investing in PZVMX? What are PZVMX buy reasons?
We don't see any strong reasons to buy PZVMX.
14. What are the cons of investing in PZVMX? What are PZVMX negatives?
The following are PZVMX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>PZVMX net assets</strong> are $9.00 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>PZVMX 3-year return</strong> is -2.42%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Russell Mid Cap Value TR USD), 2.36%.
- <strong>PZVMX 5-year return</strong> is 4.05%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Russell Mid Cap Value TR USD), 6.76%.
- <strong>PZVMX expense ratio</strong> is 1.26%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund.