Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
10 important things you should know about AQR Funds QSMNX mutual fund
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- Low net assets
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for QSMNX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "QSMNX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on QSMNX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "QSMNX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell QSMNX? Or perhaps you’re looking for QSMNX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this QSMNX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: QSMNX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: QSMNX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in QSMNX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to QSMNX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe AQR Funds: AQR Small Cap Multi-Style Fund; Class N Shares (QSMNX).
- What are QSMNX holdings?
- What is QSMNX performance? What are QSMNX historical returns?
- What is QSMNX dividend yield?
- What is QSMNX minimum initial investment amount?
- Does QSMNX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is QSMNX Finny Score? QSMNX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in QSMNX? What are QSMNX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in QSMNX? What are QSMNX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe AQR Funds: AQR Small Cap Multi-Style Fund; Class N Shares (QSMNX).
The Fund seeks long-term capital appreciation. The Fund invests at least 80% of its net assets, including borrowings for investment purposes, in equity or equity-related securities of small cap companies. The Adviser seeks to invest in attractively valued companies with positive momentum and a stable business.
2. What are QSMNX top holdings?
QSMNX has 530 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 18.64% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Ubs Money Ser||N/A||5.66%|
|E-mini Russell 2000 Index Future Dec 20||RTYZ0||5.10%|
|UFP Industries Inc||UFPI||1.31%|
|Builders FirstSource Inc||BLDR||1.22%|
|Meritage Homes Corp||MTH||1.17%|
|Boise Cascade Co||BCC||0.94%|
|Amkor Technology Inc||AMKR||0.87%|
|John B Sanfilippo & Son Inc||JBSS||0.80%|
|Employers Holdings Inc||EIG||0.79%|
3. What is QSMNX performance? What are QSMNX historical returns?
QSMNX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 0.75%;
- 3-month return is 3.25%;
- 1-year return is 3.25%;
- 3-year return is 12.63%;
- 5-year return is 12.19%.
4. What is QSMNX dividend yield?
QSMNX yield is 1.34%.
5. What is QSMNX minimum initial investment amount?
QSMNX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00M.
6. Does QSMNX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
QSMNX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.25. QSMNX front-end sales load is 0. QSMNX back-end sales load is 0.
7. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 20. Our quantitative analysis shows 1 reason to buy and 4 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 20.
8. What are the pros of investing in QSMNX? What are QSMNX buy reasons?
The following are QSMNX strengths from our perspective:
- QSMNX 3-year return is 12.63%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 2000 TR USD), 12.52%.
9. What are the cons of investing in QSMNX? What are QSMNX negatives?
The following are QSMNX weaknesses from our perspective:
- QSMNX net assets are $8.10 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- QSMNX 5-year return is 12.19%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 2000 TR USD), 14.02%.
- QSMNX expense ratio is 0.89%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund.