Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
15 important things you should know about American Funds RANFX mutual fund
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- No sales load or distribution fees
- Low net assets
- High expense ratio
Before we start: if you’re looking for RANFX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "RANFX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on RANFX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "RANFX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell RANFX? Or perhaps you’re looking for RANFX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this RANFX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: RANFX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: RANFX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in RANFX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to RANFX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Funds Strategic Bond Fund; Class R-5 Shares (RANFX).
- What are RANFX holdings?
- What is RANFX performance? What are RANFX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did RANFX have historically?
- What is RANFX dividend yield?
- What is RANFX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is RANFX expense ratio?
- Does RANFX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is RANFX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is RANFX beta? How would you assess RANFX risk?
- What is RANFX Sharpe ratio?
- What is RANFX Finny Score? RANFX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in RANFX? What are RANFX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in RANFX? What are RANFX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Funds Strategic Bond Fund; Class R-5 Shares (RANFX).
The Fund seeks to provide maximum total return consistent with preservation of capital. The Fund will invest at least 80% of its assets in bonds and other debt securities, which may be represented by other investment instruments, including derivatives. The Fund invests in debt securities with a wide range of maturities.
2. What are RANFX top holdings?
RANFX has 0 stock holdings and 231 bond holdings.
The top 9 holdings represent 41.39% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|United States Treasury Notes 0.5%||N/A||13.79%|
|Federal National Mortgage Association 3%||N/A||8.85%|
|United States Treasury Notes 0.12%||N/A||7.61%|
|United States Treasury Notes 1.5%||N/A||4.54%|
|Italy (Republic Of) 0.1%||N/A||2.18%|
|United States Treasury Notes 1.75%||N/A||2.13%|
|Credit Suisse Group AG 4.19%||N/A||0.83%|
|JPMorgan Chase & Co. 2%||N/A||0.78%|
|Broadcom Corp 4.75%||N/A||0.68%|
3. What is RANFX performance? What are RANFX historical returns?
RANFX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is -0.75%;
- 3-month return is 2.67%;
- 1-year return is 16.88%;
- 3-year return is 8.12%.
4. How many up and down years did RANFX have historically?
In the last 10 years, RANFX had 10 up years and 0 down years. See Performances
5. What is RANFX dividend yield?
RANFX yield is 1.29%.
6. What is RANFX minimum initial investment amount?
RANFX minimum initial investment amount is N/A.
7. What is RANFX expense ratio?
RANFX expense ratio is 0.58%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses. See Expenses
8. Does RANFX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
RANFX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. RANFX front-end sales load is 0. RANFX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is RANFX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 1.35%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 1.31%.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 50. Our quantitative analysis shows 2 reasons to buy and 2 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 50.
13. What are the pros of investing in RANFX? What are RANFX buy reasons?
The following are RANFX strengths from our perspective:
- <strong>RANFX 3-year return</strong> is 8.12%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg Barclays US Aggregate Bond TR USD), 5.13%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
14. What are the cons of investing in RANFX? What are RANFX negatives?
The following are RANFX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>RANFX net assets</strong> are $1.20 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>RANFX expense ratio</strong> is 0.58%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?