Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
15 important things you should know about American Funds RBACX mutual fund
- No Bull case arguments for now!
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for RBACX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "RBACX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on RBACX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "RBACX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell RBACX? Or perhaps you’re looking for RBACX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this RBACX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: RBACX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: RBACX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in RBACX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to RBACX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Funds Portfolio Series: American Funds Balanced Portfolio; Class R-3 Shares (RBACX).
- What are RBACX holdings?
- What is RBACX performance? What are RBACX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did RBACX have historically?
- What is RBACX dividend yield?
- What is RBACX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is RBACX expense ratio?
- Does RBACX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is RBACX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is RBACX beta? How would you assess RBACX risk?
- What is RBACX Sharpe ratio?
- What is RBACX Finny Score? RBACX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in RBACX? What are RBACX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in RBACX? What are RBACX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Funds Portfolio Series: American Funds Balanced Portfolio; Class R-3 Shares (RBACX).
The Fund seeks to provide current income and long-term growth of capital and income. Through its investments in the underlying funds, the fund will maintain at least 45% of the value of its net assets in common stocks and other equity investments and at least 25% of its net assets in bonds and other debt securities.
2. What are RBACX top holdings?
RBACX has 0 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 6 holdings represent 100.02% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|American Funds American Balanced R6||RLBGX||25.40%|
|American Funds Global Balanced R6||RGBGX||25.29%|
|American Funds Bond Fund of Amer R6||RBFGX||16.56%|
|American Funds Capital World Gr&Inc R6||RWIGX||14.10%|
|American Funds New Perspective R6||RNPGX||9.54%|
|American Funds Washington Mutual R6||RWMGX||9.13%|
3. What is RBACX performance? What are RBACX historical returns?
RBACX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 1.39%;
- 3-month return is 5.56%;
- 1-year return is 11.09%;
- 3-year return is 7.35%;
- 5-year return is 8.45%.
4. How many up and down years did RBACX have historically?
In the last 10 years, RBACX had 9 up years and 1 down year. See Performances
5. What is RBACX dividend yield?
RBACX yield is 1.59%.
6. What is RBACX minimum initial investment amount?
RBACX minimum initial investment amount is N/A.
7. What is RBACX expense ratio?
RBACX expense ratio is 1.01%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses. See Expenses
8. Does RBACX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
RBACX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.5. RBACX front-end sales load is 0. RBACX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is RBACX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.97%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.94%.
10. What is RBACX beta? How would you assess RBACX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.00;
- 5-year beta is 1.01.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 0. Our quantitative analysis shows 0 reasons to buy and 5 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 0.
13. What are the pros of investing in RBACX? What are RBACX buy reasons?
We don't see any strong reasons to buy RBACX.
14. What are the cons of investing in RBACX? What are RBACX negatives?
The following are RBACX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>RBACX net assets</strong> are $138.50 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>RBACX 3-year return</strong> is 7.35%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 13.64%.
- <strong>RBACX 5-year return</strong> is 8.45%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 14.57%.
- <strong>RBACX expense ratio</strong> is 1.01%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.5%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund.