7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about American Funds RBENX mutual fund
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- Low net assets
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for RBENX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "RBENX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on RBENX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "RBENX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell RBENX? Or perhaps you’re looking for RBENX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this RBENX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: RBENX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: RBENX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in RBENX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to RBENX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Funds Target Date Retirement Series: American Funds 2060 Target Date Retirement Fund; Class R-2E Shs (RBENX).
- What are RBENX holdings?
- What is RBENX performance? What are RBENX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did RBENX have historically?
- What is RBENX dividend yield?
- What is RBENX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is RBENX expense ratio?
- Does RBENX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is RBENX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is RBENX beta? How would you assess RBENX risk?
- What is RBENX Sharpe ratio?
- What is RBENX Finny Score? RBENX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in RBENX? What are RBENX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in RBENX? What are RBENX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Funds Target Date Retirement Series: American Funds 2060 Target Date Retirement Fund; Class R-2E Shs (RBENX).
The Fund seeks to provide for investors that plan to retire in 2060. Depending on its proximity to its target date, the Fund will seek to achieve the following: growth, income and conservation of capital. Each Fund will attempt to achieve its investment objectives by investing in a mix of American Funds.
2. What are RBENX top holdings?
RBENX has 0 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 74.07% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|American Funds Invmt Co of Amer R6||RICGX||9.02%|
|American Funds Washington Mutual R6||RWMGX||9.00%|
|American Funds American Mutual R6||RMFGX||8.00%|
|American Funds Fundamental Invs R6||RFNGX||8.00%|
|American Funds AMCAP R6||RAFGX||7.02%|
|American Funds Growth Fund of Amer R6||RGAGX||7.01%|
|American Funds Capital World Gr&Inc R6||RWIGX||7.00%|
|American Funds New Perspective R6||RNPGX||7.00%|
|American Funds SMALLCAP World R6||RLLGX||7.00%|
|American Funds Global Balanced R6||RGBGX||5.02%|
3. What is RBENX performance? What are RBENX historical returns?
RBENX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 1.87%;
- 3-month return is 7.91%;
- 1-year return is 14.89%;
- 3-year return is 9.40%;
- 5-year return is 10.76%.
4. How many up and down years did RBENX have historically?
In the last 10 years, RBENX had 9 up years and 1 down year. See Performances
5. What is RBENX dividend yield?
RBENX yield is 0.44%.
6. What is RBENX minimum initial investment amount?
RBENX minimum initial investment amount is N/A.
7. What is RBENX expense ratio?
RBENX expense ratio is 1.21%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses. See Expenses
8. Does RBENX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
RBENX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.6. RBENX front-end sales load is 0. RBENX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is RBENX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.69%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.58%.
10. What is RBENX beta? How would you assess RBENX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.40;
- 5-year beta is 1.40.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 40. Our quantitative analysis shows 2 reasons to buy and 3 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 40.
13. What are the pros of investing in RBENX? What are RBENX buy reasons?
The following are RBENX strengths from our perspective:
- <strong>RBENX 3-year return</strong> is 9.4%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P Target Date Through 2060+ TR USD), 7.72%.
- <strong>RBENX 5-year return</strong> is 10.76%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P Target Date Through 2060+ TR USD), 10.03%.
14. What are the cons of investing in RBENX? What are RBENX negatives?
The following are RBENX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>RBENX net assets</strong> are $30.10 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>RBENX expense ratio</strong> is 1.21%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.6%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund.