No bull case arguments.
Before we start: if you’re looking for RFEBX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "RFEBX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on RFEBX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "RFEBX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell RFEBX? Or perhaps you’re looking for RFEBX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this RFEBX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: RFEBX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: RFEBX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in RFEBX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to RFEBX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Funds Fundamental Investors; Class R-2E Shares (RFEBX).
- What are RFEBX holdings?
- What is RFEBX performance? What are RFEBX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did RFEBX have historically?
- What is RFEBX dividend yield?
- What is RFEBX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is RFEBX expense ratio?
- Does RFEBX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is RFEBX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is RFEBX beta? How would you assess RFEBX risk?
- What is RFEBX Sharpe ratio?
- What is RFEBX Finny Score? RFEBX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in RFEBX? What are RFEBX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in RFEBX? What are RFEBX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Funds Fundamental Investors; Class R-2E Shares (RFEBX).
The Fund seeks to provide income over time by investing primarily in common stocks of large, established companies that offer growth potential at reasonable prices. The Fund may also invest significantly in non-US securities.
2. What are RFEBX top holdings?
RFEBX has 284 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 26.74% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|UnitedHealth Group Inc||UNH||3.08%|
|Facebook Inc A||FB||2.60%|
|Berkshire Hathaway Inc A||BRK.A||2.40%|
|JPMorgan Chase & Co||JPM||2.25%|
|Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd||2330.TW||1.53%|
|Alphabet Inc Class C||GOOG||1.51%|
3. What is RFEBX performance? What are RFEBX historical returns?
RFEBX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 2.42%;
- 3-month return is 8.06%;
- 1-year return is 14.19%;
- 3-year return is 9.35%;
- 5-year return is 12.27%;
- 10-year return is 12.20%.
4. How many up and down years did RFEBX have historically?
In the last 10 years, RFEBX had 8 up years and 2 down years. See Performances
5. What is RFEBX dividend yield?
RFEBX yield is 1.07%.
6. What is RFEBX minimum initial investment amount?
RFEBX minimum initial investment amount is N/A.
7. What is RFEBX expense ratio?
RFEBX expense ratio is 1.1%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses. See Expenses
8. Does RFEBX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
RFEBX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.6. RFEBX front-end sales load is 0. RFEBX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is RFEBX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 1.78%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 1.91%.
10. What is RFEBX beta? How would you assess RFEBX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.96;
- 5-year beta is 0.97;
- 10-year beta is 0.99;
- 15-year beta is 1.00.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 0. Our quantitative analysis shows 0 reasons to buy and 6 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 0.
13. What are the pros of investing in RFEBX? What are RFEBX buy reasons?
We don't see any strong reasons to buy RFEBX.
14. What are the cons of investing in RFEBX? What are RFEBX negatives?
The following are RFEBX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>RFEBX net assets</strong> are $91.60 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>RFEBX 3-year return</strong> is 9.35%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 13.64%.
- <strong>RFEBX 5-year return</strong> is 12.27%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 14.57%.
- <strong>RFEBX 10-year return</strong> is 12.2%, which is lower than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 14.33%.
- <strong>RFEBX expense ratio</strong> is 1.1%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.6%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund.