Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
15 important things you should know about American Funds RGBGX mutual fund
- No sales load or distribution fees
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
Before we start: if you’re looking for RGBGX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "RGBGX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on RGBGX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "RGBGX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell RGBGX? Or perhaps you’re looking for RGBGX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this RGBGX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: RGBGX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: RGBGX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in RGBGX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to RGBGX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Funds Global Balanced Fund; Class R-6 Shares (RGBGX).
- What are RGBGX holdings?
- What is RGBGX performance? What are RGBGX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did RGBGX have historically?
- What is RGBGX dividend yield?
- What is RGBGX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is RGBGX expense ratio?
- Does RGBGX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is RGBGX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is RGBGX beta? How would you assess RGBGX risk?
- What is RGBGX Sharpe ratio?
- What is RGBGX Finny Score? RGBGX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in RGBGX? What are RGBGX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in RGBGX? What are RGBGX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Funds Global Balanced Fund; Class R-6 Shares (RGBGX).
The Fund seeks the balanced accomplishment of three objectives: long-term growth of capital, conservation of principal and current income. It will maintain at least 45% of its assets in common stocks and other equity investments and will also invest at least 25% of its assets in bonds and other debt securities.
2. What are RGBGX top holdings?
RGBGX has 160 stock holdings and 544 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 15.60% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Zurich Insurance Group AG||ZURN||1.40%|
|UnitedHealth Group Inc||UNH||1.39%|
|Gilead Sciences Inc||GILD||1.38%|
|Facebook Inc A||FB||1.30%|
3. What is RGBGX performance? What are RGBGX historical returns?
RGBGX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 1.25%;
- 3-month return is 4.64%;
- 1-year return is 9.58%;
- 3-year return is 5.70%;
- 5-year return is 6.99%.
4. How many up and down years did RGBGX have historically?
In the last 10 years, RGBGX had 8 up years and 2 down years. See Performances
5. What is RGBGX dividend yield?
RGBGX yield is 2.18%.
6. What is RGBGX minimum initial investment amount?
RGBGX minimum initial investment amount is N/A.
7. What is RGBGX expense ratio?
RGBGX expense ratio is 0.49%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses. See Expenses
8. Does RGBGX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
RGBGX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. RGBGX front-end sales load is 0. RGBGX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is RGBGX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.62%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.75%.
10. What is RGBGX beta? How would you assess RGBGX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.95;
- 5-year beta is 0.97.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is N/A. Our quantitative analysis shows 1 reason to buy and 2 reasons to sell. Finny Scores are not available if there are insufficient data points from the analysis.
13. What are the pros of investing in RGBGX? What are RGBGX buy reasons?
The following are RGBGX strengths from our perspective:
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
14. What are the cons of investing in RGBGX? What are RGBGX negatives?
The following are RGBGX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>RGBGX 3-year return</strong> is 5.7%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI NR USD), 8.25%.
- <strong>RGBGX 5-year return</strong> is 6.99%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI NR USD), 10.5%.