7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about American Funds RGBLX mutual fund
- No Bull case arguments for now!
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for RGBLX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "RGBLX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on RGBLX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "RGBLX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell RGBLX? Or perhaps you’re looking for RGBLX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this RGBLX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: RGBLX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: RGBLX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in RGBLX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to RGBLX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Funds Global Balanced Fund; Class R-1 Shares (RGBLX).
- What are RGBLX holdings?
- What is RGBLX performance? What are RGBLX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did RGBLX have historically?
- What is RGBLX dividend yield?
- What is RGBLX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is RGBLX expense ratio?
- Does RGBLX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is RGBLX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is RGBLX beta? How would you assess RGBLX risk?
- What is RGBLX Sharpe ratio?
- What is RGBLX Finny Score? RGBLX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in RGBLX? What are RGBLX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in RGBLX? What are RGBLX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Funds Global Balanced Fund; Class R-1 Shares (RGBLX).
The Fund seeks the balanced accomplishment of three objectives: long-term growth of capital, conservation of principal and current income. It will maintain at least 45% of its assets in common stocks and other equity investments and will also invest at least 25% of its assets in bonds and other debt securities.
2. What are RGBLX top holdings?
RGBLX has 160 stock holdings and 544 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 15.60% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Zurich Insurance Group AG||ZURN||1.40%|
|UnitedHealth Group Inc||UNH||1.39%|
|Gilead Sciences Inc||GILD||1.38%|
|Facebook Inc A||FB||1.30%|
3. What is RGBLX performance? What are RGBLX historical returns?
RGBLX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 1.13%;
- 3-month return is 4.33%;
- 1-year return is 8.35%;
- 3-year return is 4.54%;
- 5-year return is 5.83%.
4. How many up and down years did RGBLX have historically?
In the last 10 years, RGBLX had 8 up years and 2 down years. See Performances
5. What is RGBLX dividend yield?
RGBLX yield is 1.12%.
6. What is RGBLX minimum initial investment amount?
RGBLX minimum initial investment amount is N/A.
7. What is RGBLX expense ratio?
RGBLX expense ratio is 1.59%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses. See Expenses
8. Does RGBLX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
RGBLX 12b-1 distribution fee is 1. RGBLX front-end sales load is 0. RGBLX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is RGBLX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.23%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.42%.
10. What is RGBLX beta? How would you assess RGBLX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.95;
- 5-year beta is 0.97.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 0. Our quantitative analysis shows 0 reasons to buy and 5 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 0.
13. What are the pros of investing in RGBLX? What are RGBLX buy reasons?
We don't see any strong reasons to buy RGBLX.
14. What are the cons of investing in RGBLX? What are RGBLX negatives?
The following are RGBLX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>RGBLX net assets</strong> are $5.20 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>RGBLX 3-year return</strong> is 4.54%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI NR USD), 8.25%.
- <strong>RGBLX 5-year return</strong> is 5.83%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI NR USD), 10.5%.
- <strong>RGBLX expense ratio</strong> is 1.59%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund.