Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
15 important things you should know about American Funds RGNBX mutual fund
- No Bull case arguments for now!
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for RGNBX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "RGNBX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on RGNBX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "RGNBX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell RGNBX? Or perhaps you’re looking for RGNBX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this RGNBX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: RGNBX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: RGNBX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in RGNBX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to RGNBX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Funds Portfolio Series: American Funds Growth & Income Portfolio; Class R-2 Shares (RGNBX).
- What are RGNBX holdings?
- What is RGNBX performance? What are RGNBX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did RGNBX have historically?
- What is RGNBX dividend yield?
- What is RGNBX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is RGNBX expense ratio?
- Does RGNBX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is RGNBX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is RGNBX beta? How would you assess RGNBX risk?
- What is RGNBX Sharpe ratio?
- What is RGNBX Finny Score? RGNBX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in RGNBX? What are RGNBX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in RGNBX? What are RGNBX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Funds Portfolio Series: American Funds Growth & Income Portfolio; Class R-2 Shares (RGNBX).
The Fund seeks to provide long term growth of capital while providing current income. The Fund invests in a mix of American Funds in different combinations and weightings. The underlying American Funds will predominately consist of equity funds in the growth, growth and income, equity income and balanced categories.
2. What are RGNBX top holdings?
RGNBX has 0 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 6 holdings represent 100.03% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|American Funds Invmt Co of Amer R6||RICGX||24.26%|
|American Funds Capital World Gr&Inc R6||RWIGX||24.05%|
|American Funds Capital Income Bldr R6||RIRGX||15.20%|
|American Funds Growth Fund of Amer R6||RGAGX||15.16%|
|American Funds Bond Fund of Amer R6||RBFGX||10.96%|
|American Funds American Balanced R6||RLBGX||10.40%|
3. What is RGNBX performance? What are RGNBX historical returns?
RGNBX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 1.78%;
- 3-month return is 7.03%;
- 1-year return is 13.22%;
- 3-year return is 7.98%;
- 5-year return is 9.11%.
4. How many up and down years did RGNBX have historically?
In the last 10 years, RGNBX had 8 up years and 2 down years. See Performances
5. What is RGNBX dividend yield?
RGNBX yield is 1.29%.
6. What is RGNBX minimum initial investment amount?
RGNBX minimum initial investment amount is N/A.
7. What is RGNBX expense ratio?
RGNBX expense ratio is 1.4%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses. See Expenses
8. Does RGNBX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
RGNBX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.75. RGNBX front-end sales load is 0. RGNBX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is RGNBX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 1.19%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 1.02%.
10. What is RGNBX beta? How would you assess RGNBX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.23;
- 5-year beta is 1.23.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 0. Our quantitative analysis shows 0 reasons to buy and 5 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 0.
13. What are the pros of investing in RGNBX? What are RGNBX buy reasons?
We don't see any strong reasons to buy RGNBX.
14. What are the cons of investing in RGNBX? What are RGNBX negatives?
The following are RGNBX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>RGNBX net assets</strong> are $164.00 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>RGNBX 3-year return</strong> is 7.98%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 13.64%.
- <strong>RGNBX 5-year return</strong> is 9.11%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 14.57%.
- <strong>RGNBX expense ratio</strong> is 1.4%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.75%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund.