7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about American Funds RGOFX mutual fund
- No sales load or distribution fees
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
Before we start: if you’re looking for RGOFX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "RGOFX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on RGOFX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "RGOFX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell RGOFX? Or perhaps you’re looking for RGOFX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this RGOFX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: RGOFX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: RGOFX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in RGOFX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to RGOFX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Funds Portfolio Series: American Funds Income Portfolio; Class R-5E Shares (RGOFX).
- What are RGOFX holdings?
- What is RGOFX performance? What are RGOFX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did RGOFX have historically?
- What is RGOFX dividend yield?
- What is RGOFX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is RGOFX expense ratio?
- Does RGOFX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is RGOFX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is RGOFX beta? How would you assess RGOFX risk?
- What is RGOFX Sharpe ratio?
- What is RGOFX Finny Score? RGOFX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in RGOFX? What are RGOFX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in RGOFX? What are RGOFX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Funds Portfolio Series: American Funds Income Portfolio; Class R-5E Shares (RGOFX).
The Fund seeks current income, and secondarily, long term growth of capital. The Fund will have significant exposure to dividend paying stocks. The Fund will have significant exposure to bond rated BBB+ or below and Ba1 or below or unrated but determined by the Fund's investment adviser to be of equivalent quality.
2. What are RGOFX top holdings?
RGOFX has 0 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 5 holdings represent 100.03% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|American Funds Capital Income Bldr R6||RIRGX||24.61%|
|American Funds Income Fund of Amer R6||RIDGX||24.36%|
|American Funds American Mutual R6||RMFGX||19.13%|
|American Funds US Government Sec R6||RGVGX||16.71%|
|American Funds American High-Inc R6||RITGX||15.22%|
3. What is RGOFX performance? What are RGOFX historical returns?
RGOFX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 0.80%;
- 3-month return is 3.45%;
- 1-year return is 4.69%;
- 3-year return is 5.14%;
- 5-year return is 6.88%.
4. How many up and down years did RGOFX have historically?
In the last 10 years, RGOFX had 8 up years and 2 down years. See Performances
5. What is RGOFX dividend yield?
RGOFX yield is 3.45%.
6. What is RGOFX minimum initial investment amount?
RGOFX minimum initial investment amount is N/A.
7. What is RGOFX expense ratio?
RGOFX expense ratio is 0.43%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses. See Expenses
8. Does RGOFX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
RGOFX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. RGOFX front-end sales load is 0. RGOFX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is RGOFX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 1.58%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 1.34%.
10. What is RGOFX beta? How would you assess RGOFX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.82;
- 5-year beta is 0.83.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 25. Our quantitative analysis shows 1 reason to buy and 3 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 25.
13. What are the pros of investing in RGOFX? What are RGOFX buy reasons?
The following are RGOFX strengths from our perspective:
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
14. What are the cons of investing in RGOFX? What are RGOFX negatives?
The following are RGOFX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>RGOFX net assets</strong> are $5.70 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>RGOFX 3-year return</strong> is 5.14%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 13.64%.
- <strong>RGOFX 5-year return</strong> is 6.88%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 14.57%.